a nice one

boo711

wow see the way I read the post was that Biz was just busting balls and not very serious. but this seems to have stemed into something larger than that.. Hey who cares anyways. Personally I would have more of a problem if the OP was posting that he goes around stealing other peoples treestands and trail cameras....

Like I said, how would I know that is a backyard? The trail cam could have been attached to the tree in which he will be sitting come 10/1.  He said he hopes to shoot this deer, so I figured his camera was where he hunts. Most people put their cameras somewhere near where they plan to hunt.

Every single year there are lots of people in NY who get fined for "pre-established bait piles", look it up.  If the OP was going to make a bait pile with these apples and hunt over it, he would be fined. END OF STORY.

Yes. But you made it a point to call him out and tell him you were personally going to run and tell the DEC that he kicked apples into a pile underneath an apple tree. IMO that is considered trolling.

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

While this sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling also used to describe intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[7][8

• Like 2

For the record, I am not the type of person or hunter who is a law breaker. My aunt and uncle told me about all the deer they have been seeing in there yard so I brought my camera over the other day when I stopped to give my uncle a hand with something. I have been to busy to get my stands and cameras up. I do not want people on here to think I am a law breaker and to form a negative opinion. So after reading biz's last comment I called the DEC office and talked with an officer there. I told him what I had done and he informed we it is illegal to feed deer. I agreed with him and again explained to him what I did, the apples were there. He said he would have an issue with this if all apples from the trees had been consumed and I when out and bought more bushels of apples to keep feeding the deer. As far as baiting. He read me the one sentence defination from the hunting regs book. "It is illegal to hunt with the aid of bait or in a baited area when hunting big game, upland game birds, turkey or waterfowl". As long as I don't hunt there, which I can't hunt in the backyard due to the 500 ft discharge of a weapon law he said I am good. So Biz you can pile up the acorns, just as long as you don't hunt over those acorns or in an area that has the big pile. I apologize for the length of this post. I am glad I talked with someone about this and wanted to post this. Again I read this forum daily, but do not post to often. But I don't want people thinking negative when I do post.

Sorry, the officer either does not know the laws, or is misinterpreting them. It is illegal to pile the apples, or any other natural food up with the intention of attracting deer. Its illegal to hunt over, and illegal to run a cam over. Its kind of like the way you can brush hog a standing corn field, but cannot rake it all up into a pile, it must stay where it falls. Youd better write a couple of emails to the DEC and if you get the same response in writing, hang on to it to show the court when you end up getting pinched for baiting.

Biz isnt trolling, he was making a point. A correct point at that.

Why as hunters do we need to fight, we all share the same passion. So why do we always need to be critical of eachother. People in this state bait, as well as speed , litter, and other technically illegal acts. As long as someone isn't shooting deer with the aid of a light, it should be there personal preference. I personally would not hunt over bait, even if legal but thats my preference. O seem to run into guys every year, that quite frankly take the fun out of hunting, thru their I own the deer attitude. I just never understood how we all share te passion for hunting and yet argue about it. Biz even if he hunted the property next to you his baiting wouldn't affect your hunting, that drastically, how many mature bucks during hunting season are going to come into a bait pile during legal light. Man just hunt and have fun.

• Like 1

So if baiting gets legalized your ok with it? I don't worry what the neighbors are doing, bc honesty I think it goes on more than anybody thinks, like was stated earlier, all the major retailer's sell it, and sell out. Its not for me, because I like playing the chess match, but would not ridicule the guy that chooses to use it. My point was that we are all hunters and should stand together, because the future of our sport depends on us being united.

But food plots aren't baiting ! Come on what joke is that, its not natural, it was planted there intentionally to feed deer , but not bait, kid piles up some apples under a APPLE tree and biz jumps on his back, your the kinda guy that discourages kids from getting into the sport by criticizing and being ignorant,

But food plots aren't baiting ! Come on what joke is that, its not natural, it was planted there intentionally to feed deer , but not bait, kid piles up some apples under a APPLE tree and biz jumps on his back, your the kinda guy that discourages kids from getting into the sport by criticizing and being ignorant,

How am I being ignorant? If he hunts that pile its illegal. If he takes a kid there and hunts that pile its illegal. What's more discouraging for a kid, seeing no deer or getting arrestes and fined? I don't make the laws, I just obey them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

How am I being ignorant? If he hunts that pile its illegal. If he takes a kid there and hunts that pile its illegal. What's more discouraging for a kid, seeing no deer or getting arrestes and fined? I don't make the laws, I just obey them.

Sent from my PC36100 usi

I think I said a few days ago that that pic was taken in my uncles back yard because I hadn't had time to get in the woods to get stands up so i just through it up. Never even would consider hunting a pile, in someones backyard no less. Got my 2 stands up today and put my cameras out there with the stands. We will give it a week and check things. 99% sure there bedding in the same 2 areas they have bedded in for the last 20 yrs if they are in these woodlots.

So your tellin me its illegal to hunt next to a Apple tree is what your gettin at, I happen to step on one and crush it on the way to my stand and its juices spray out I must be baiting deer eh? What if the apples fell that close together and happens to be a pile of them, your trolling even though you dont think so, ya made a big deal over some apples under a Apple tee knowing people were gonna react to your comments, preety sure that was the definition of trolling, you must be retired and have nothing better to do,

People point out illegal happening all the time on this sight typically related to bait in trail cam pics. Often the illegal act is unknown to the person posting the pic (and maybe even the DEC taking the call-scary!) as in this case. While Biz's tone may have been a bit forward/sarcastic(did you REALLY think he called and reported?) pointing out the legality of illegality of piling food is helpful to some who do not know an innocent act of apple kicking can be seen as baiting by an officer that appears on scene(on lands that are being hunted).

Edited by crappyice