My Newfie Moose hunt and wifes Bear hunt...

Grizz1219

OK... update.... We we leave on 10-12 for our moose/bear hunt up in Newfoundland... Can't wait.. wifes first bear hunt, and I get to cross off a bucket list hunt by going for moose... So the wife surprises me with a 338 Win Mag. barrel for my Pro Hunter that I've been wanting for years... She gave it to me last week so this past weekend I was out and about getting all tgoodies for it... Nikin BDC scope, ammo, dies to reload, slugs, mounts, etc... Should have it all done up and out to the range this weekend... Trying Federal Fusions 225 grains... Thinknig they will handle a newfie moose welll and will also do well in Africa next year on a kudu bull... I'll post pics of the range report this weekend...

Good luck to you and your lovely bride, Grizz...

First trip to Newfoundland ? You'll love the people up there..Very friendly and they love to have a good time.

I hope you've worked to get in shape..The terrain up there is beautiful, but the walking is some of the toughest I have ever experienced, and I've hunted some pretty rough, steep and rugged country in the west, Alaska and other parts of Canada.

I went two years ago and my left knee has never been the same. The boggy ground is very difficult to negotiate.

Lots of moose, though..I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of you with Bullwinkle and Wifey with Yogi...<<grin>>..

Oh yeah...Thumbs up on the .338 Win. Those 225 grainers will handle the biggest bull just fine.

what outfitter are you using? I went back in 2002, taking a Caribou was secondary to the total experience...........

Unfortunately, caribou tags are no longer available to nonresidents in much of Newfoundland nowadays..

The herd has decreased dramatically...Some sources blame heavy predation of calves by coyotes and black bears, but I am not sure they really know the reason...