scrape dripper?

josephmrtn

Drippers are more work than they are worth imo. Better off just hunting based off the sign. Ill pee in scrapes if I need to but that's about it. Maybe stop at a park and get some zcrape dirt and snip an overhanging branch off to zip tie to your mock scrape. I'm not even huge on mocks but can be useful 10 ft down from an existing scrape.

Drippers are more work than they are worth imo.

Makes me tired just thinking about all that work involved tying that baby to an overhanging branch and letting it soak for weeks at a time,lol

Pheeeew..., when would I find time to actually hunt.

I think drippers are less intrusive, and contamination left behind from freshening them yourself will be highest on days you'll be hunting by manually peeing in them.

I do both, but the dripper scrapes get the most constant action.

Last time I checked, I had to work for my money to spend on drippers, scents, not to mention going the store to buy them, setting them up, etc.  A good old fashioned scrape dirt swap and licking branch swap is free from another hunting parcel.

Or I can just whiz, too. Mere minutes after doing so... 

then...

Have just as many of these as I suspect drippers do.

Whatever works, but for me, less is more.

Edited by phade

I've never used a dripper. I will hit all my stands around 1st week in september and clear a mock scrape with my boot and pee in it before i leave. ive had mixed results with this, some are left untouched, others ive seen use.  Never got into the scents that much, as i was never really sure if it would help or hurt.