hunting with your other half

fu2lmao

Just because we chose to get married, does not mean that we must be connected at the hip with our spouse 24/7.  It is a good thing when each person has interests of their own.  Even in a good marriage you can't depend on your spouse to bring you all your happiness in life.  A completely happy person is one who makes and finds their own happiness and doesn't depend on others for it.

not saying every waking minute.. but you read some ofthese posts and it's like they are divorced but still living together... Just saying... I hunt with my buddies as well... But my wife loves it... We don't hunt side by side.. she's in her stands as I am in mine...

Grizz1219 said:

steve863 wrote:

Just because we chose to get married, does not mean that we must be connected at the hip with our spouse 24/7. It is a good thing when each person has interests of their own. Even in a good marriage you can't depend on your spouse to bring you all your happiness in life. A completely happy person is one who makes and finds their own happiness and doesn't depend on others for it.

not saying every waking minute.. but you read some ofthese posts and it's like they are divorced but still living together... Just saying... I hunt with my buddies as well... But my wife loves it... We don't hunt side by side.. she's in her stands as I am in mine...

my wife is my best friend. if she was in to hunting I would hunt with her all the time and we would have a blast. but she is not . so she continues to threaten to spray my hunting clothes with perfume :-) isn't she cute ?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.

• Like 1

I don't want to marry my twin.  It's good to each have their own little hobbies.  Even your best buddy can get on your nerve every once in a while if they are constantly there all the time.  Every once in a while you need a little break here and there.

That said, I enjoy it every time my wife comes with me and she certain doesn't do it enough.  As long as I get one day to myself every now and then I'm good.

My wife had a problem hunting for something in the fridge must less hunting in the woods.  I know 4 couples whose wives have hunted with them. 

My neighbor and his wife are hunters (deer).  She is not afraid to get her hands dirty.  Last year we won a NRA auction for an African Safari-2 shooters 2 non-shooters.  My son and I went as the non-shooters and those two killed their way through the vedlt,  We had a great time and she made her kills with 1 shot out to 200 yards.  As we grow older and I like to think wiser...she has transformed from sitting next to a tree to inside a shooting shack.( yeah its heated too)  Since the stand is about 800 yards and within sight of my barn.....For her birthday I put in a directional antenna and her stand now has wi-fi.  She loves it and told her husband to find another stand.  She can hunt and keep in touch with the grandkids and the net.  Sometimes we have to make adjustments for the modern world.

IF you can get your wife to hunt do it, unless you can;t take the ribbing when she gets the bigger buck  .  

I know most of you are joking about your spouses, but a few of these-- owch! I know you don't want to spend every moment together but I hope most are jokes, it almost sounds like some of you hate your spouses.

Anyhow, I got my husband into hunting.. he was raised in an anti-hunting gun phobic household so it took some doing, but now we really enjoy our time out together. It's pretty much understood that once we are in the woods, it is woods time and no talking, not that I was ever very chatty anyhow. I haven't quite gotten him to where he is comfortable with the aftermath-- I still do all the gutting/cleaning/butchering but he's getting a lot better about it. He's not squeamish, just inexperienced. It has been really wonderful teaching him. He took his first turkey this past spring and I was really proud of him, and he really enjoyed it!

The time in the woods together are some of our best memories, and it's not always when we see our target game.

We still have separate hobbies, and hardly spend every waking moment together, but the silent shared experience of the woods and hunting together is something that I really cherish. I also understand that many of you have spouses that are indifferent or downright hate hunting, so of course I wouldn't expect you to hunt together. Just wanted to share my experience.

Where I live in WNY I have only met one other female hunter-- actually a lot of people seem surprised I hunt if they learn I do. I am a wildlife artist and I do shows where I display my work, often featuring game animals, and I have had some fellas seem really surprised when they learn why I paint what I do!

• Like 1

My wife puts up with my hunting, and has for 40 years.   We had 6 kids and only one boy's a hunter and I just got the youngest girl 19 into using a bow.   I spent all my time coaching teams, doing boy scouts, all sorts of volunteering, which never really gave us too much time for ourselves.  I make sure, now, that I put time aside for the two of us, go for a walk every day.  Then, when the season comes around, I'm gone, bye bye, see ya.  I "try" to hunt every weekend, but things come up, like weddings, golf, fishing, but if she has no plans, it's my time and the best part is I get to spend it with my son.  Hopefully, next year, my daughter will go for the courses and get her license. To this day, my wife can't believe she let me get my daughter a bow.  She says what if all 3 of us get's a deer bowhunting, then there's rifle, and muzzle, what then.  We'd need a huge freezer and who's gonna eat all that deer meat!!! 

I get out and do the things that I enjoy, and that's what happens when you marry an angel

• Like 3