Longest week of the year

NYbuck50

Is it just me or are there others out there that wished we would go back to a 10/15 bow opener..

Don't get me wrong, I love to hunt and bowhunting is my strongest passion, but I think it has made the season to long and has extended it into a period that is generally warmer and less "hunter friendly"..

You can do a lot of "damage" heading out when it is warm...  getting all sweaty and then climbing up a stand, broadcasting a strong scent can really hurt your chances later in the year..  Sure it can be that warm 2 weeks later, but the chances get less and less.

I am not trying to "rain on anyone's parade"..  I just liked things the way the used to be.  Anyone else feel the same way?

BTW...  I will be out there, just because I can't not unt when me buddies are..  the "pull" is to great

Is it just me or are there others out there that wished we would go back to a 10/15 bow opener..

Don't get me wrong, I love to hunt and bowhunting is my strongest passion, but I think it has made the season to long and has extended it into a period that is generally warmer and less "hunter friendly"..

You can do a lot of "damage" heading out when it is warm...  getting all sweaty and then climbing up a stand, broadcasting a strong scent can really hurt your chances later in the year..  Sure it can be that warm 2 weeks later, but the chances get less and less.

I am not trying to "rain on anyone's parade"..  I just liked things the way the used to be.  Anyone else feel the same way?

BTW...  I will be out there, just because I can't not unt when me buddies are..  the "pull" is to great

I agree.........I'm off all next week and doubt I'll go out.

Being sweaty you,can control , walk in slow, dont over do it, I think this early season gives the guys who really do there homework an advantage, big bucks are very patternable right now, but when the opener was the 15th it gave us 14 days to run our coyote hounds and get them in shape take a few pounds off, we respect other hunters and we are all deer hunters.so we do not rub our dogs during an open deer season, so it limits us from Christmas to march, depends on how the Dec seems to think this early opener works out, it may or may not stay last I knew this was only suppose to be a 5 year thing,

Being sweaty you,can control , walk in slow, dont over do it, I think this early season gives the guys who really do there homework an advantage, big bucks are very patternable right now, but when the opener was the 15th it gave us 14 days to run our coyote hounds and get them in shape take a few pounds off, we respect other hunters and we are all deer hunters.so we do not rub our dogs during an open deer season, so it limits us from Christmas to march, depends on how the Dec seems to think this early opener works out, it may or may not stay last I knew this was only suppose to be a 5 year thing,

That's funny talk on this site.

Many here bank on plopping in a funnel in November for success.

OP - Not really following "damaging" something? What are you trying to "save from damage"?

Edited by phade