Ealry October temps

dirt_a_KISS

Lol, I think you answered your own question.

Deer will move regardless. Where, when and how far will depend upon terrain, abundance of food, hunter pressure and so on. Yes cooler temps will enhance deer activity because they are less likely to overheat, so will basic deer biology due to anticipation the upcoming breeding season.

I think the deer will continue to move, or at least that's the way my summer cams seem to indicate. The question is how much heat can we stand. With sweat trickling down the middle of your back, and mosquitos whining in your ears and banging into your eyeballs, are you going to be able to sit still enough to keep from being spotted. I have tried to hunt in 80 degree temps before and it really isn't a whole lot of fun. And if you do make a shot on a deer make darn sure it is a super hit. You really don't want to be getting in the position where you have to leave the deer overnight when the temperature never goes below 50 or 60. No gut shots!

Warmer temps above 45 degrees will keep the deer movement to a minimal. Early morning late evening best bet. There is still so much food available for them in the woods they really don't have to move until darkness and cooler temps. I feel if you can find an area in the woods with a lot of acorns or apples it might be a good place to set up. looks like Sunday of next week will have the temps cooling off. 

I've got to say that looking at the times on my trail-cam pictures I see lots of daytime activity even during the hotter days. Sure most activity is at night (as is the case anytime of the year), but if I had been at these locations during afternoon legal hunting hours, on every day, there would have been plenty of shooting opportunities.

They are moving as normal at this point. Their thick coats have not grown in yet. I have been seeing deer move in the heat while out scouting fairly recently, and plenty of pics of them moving when its warm as well. The biggest thing to worry about with the warm temps, is skinning them and getting the meat chilled quickly after killing them.