3 days.....

growalot

Check list::

Coolers all bleached and dried

bottles of ice in the freezer

boots hanging out side.

Scent eliminator spray bottles filled

Fanny pack  with mouth call,granola bar..water bottle..gutting bag(knife,gloves,wipes, twist tie,pen)

Game bagsout

Small bottle of non aspirin pain killers...knee and the first sit of season back ache( my anti fidget meds.. ;) )

NEW illuninock nocks filed a bit...I remember last time I forgot.....

Cam charged....

new batteries in range finder..head lamp

Rechecked tightness on broadheads

Hhmmm  ....other than choosing weight of hunting clothes...good to go I think

Opppss...hard candies or mints...to keep that inevitable tickle in throat at bay....

• Like 1

Hunting knife sharpened up.

Back tag in the holder and pinned to the back of the jacket.

Thermo-cell loaded and packed (for those that use it)

Pack loaded up:

Toilet Paper

Hand nippers

folding stool

Latex gloves

Grunt tube

Compass

Can (deer bleat thingy)

Rangefinder

Monocular

Drag rope

Bottle of water

FOOD

Quiver loaded up & on the bow

2 years ago  I bought new arrows and I had just gotten a new bow as well...all summer I practiced with old arrows and new bow...didn't think twice when setting up the hunting arrows...same brand...I shot a doe and watched in horror as the arrow went center mass BUT not behind shoulder where I aimed but in front of thigh...she trotted out a few yards and fell over...Thank God...hit the artery ....Being upset never really looked at the bow concentrated on taking care of the deer...then took my pics at home....Notice the green on the string?...the knock was still on the string when I took the pic...It's the only reason I can think that the arrow took such a bad flight...I filed all knocks after that...have shot 2 more deer  with that new bow and never had a bad flight again...I file all new knocks just a bit before use now....

Reason for OP..thanks Doc..thermacell and extra pads and fuel...small binoculars...

Edited by growalot

Filing nocks:

I have noticed that arrows that are used a lot wear and the throat of the nock opens up. I have seen differences from brand new nocks to old tired practice arrow nocks that can be huge. You can have the old nocks that nearly fall off the string vs. brand new nocks that grip the string so tight they don't seem to want to let go. And yes, it can make a difference in the point of impact. If you have just recently installed brand new nocks on your hunting arrows but are all sighted in using old heavily used nocks, it definitely is something you want to check before heading out the door to go hunting.

Grow-

I think you had a tight nock problem for sure, but there my also have been an adhesive issue as well. Lol..... that will definitely screw up arrow flight. I seem to remember having something like that happen during a practice session once, and at 20 yards, I missed the target, and the butt completely.

Early.... a tight knock problem can be a flight issue...as I found out that knock as you can see was attached to the string after flight...not the arrow...and I could have not been so luck as to hit the femural(sp) artery...

Doc....  I was told along time ago to never glue the knocks on a carbon arrow...I can't remember why right now.... but at the time it made sense and I have never glued them....use to glue them on the aluminum Eastons...but never had another problem since a light sanding on all new ones.