Deer

Guest Buckzone1

The reality is there are a bunch of them out there that do a wide variety illegal things. every time we see it we should call it out and DRIVE the point home. If you are not only a law reaker but dumb enough to post it on a public forum (where it can be used to make hunters look bad) then we as hunters should give it in a double dose.

Clearly my comment of "I hope the officers use a stringer and drag this guy naked through the streets of Pulaski like a mudshark!" was a joke.

However, the kid posted a picture of deer with illegal bait and then admitted to it. I guarantee if I started baiting in Putnam County for trail cam reasons, I would have eventually get pics of big bucks too.  Point is, illegal is illegal and in all honesty I hope he gets caught and fined and loses his license, just like somebody who drives 100mph.

Pictures of big bucks next to illegal bait pisses me off, what can I say? This is the type of kid who will post a pic of his 100"+ 8pt later this year and be happy about all the congrats he gets. Meanwhile he is a CHEATER & LAWBREAKER!

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

you all want to be police...go to the effin academy! bunch of jealous punk sitting behind a keyboard.  HOw do u know its howard NY, could be 1 of mr and mrs howards properties. or howard street get a life guys, i understand its illegal but do u drive the speed limit everywhere u go im sure speeding does much more harm in this country then someone feeding a deer in NY

funny how a mod breaks balls constantly 

You are a PANZY! Man up and hunt the legal way!

How many deer did you get on camera the legal way?  I bet you got none, got discouraged, and then started cheating. I HOPE YOU GET CAUGHT!

Haha! Trying to convince others that a little bit of illegal is OK in your book? Just like shooting off a motorized vehicle and leaving carcasses to rot in the fields? Illegal, is illegal. Post it up on a Hunting Forum, and we all look bad. Maybe you're ok with that, but I'm NOT ok with that.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

well you answered how you wouldn't feel. Now how about a direct answer to the questions? You are sounding like the Obama Cabinet member when asked how many have signed up for health care.

Some feel very passionately about baiting. It's illegal, and poses a serious threat. So its OK for you to call out Biz about how he feels about the matter?

good lord, you want to talk about some sensitive sallys. You guys freak out  and some call for him to be dragged through a town for a salt lick (joke or not, you all got very touchy real quick). Now take a step back from your keyboards and let me know if you'd honestly wish that upon someone. Would you give the order if you could? I'm not condoning it. I wrote that. Please go back and read. Also, while you're at it. Why don't you read all my responses to Papist in his 3 baiting threads. Was it not obvious in those threads where I stand on the topic?

A rapist receives 25 to life. A speeder receives a fine. Both are against the law.

Shawn, you need to let "shooting from a tractor" go my friend. Something my friends dad did 20 years ago is not what I do, or have ever done. I don't know why you can't get that through your thick skull... maybe you're too busy destroying deer and not eating them to realize it.

Phade, I'm not sure I was whining? Good luck tonight on your hunt. I've left you alone for 5 days, but I see you can't get over it yourself.

Culver, to answer your question, if he knew it was illegal and didn't just move here from a state where it was legal and forget to read the regs then I hope he is fined and his licensee suspended or whatever the normal punishment is. If it was an honest mistake punishment is still warranted but not as severe. Just like a judge hands out punishments for most offenders. Is that better?

Edited by Belo

If I could "order" hunting violation penalties, it would be a simple "ZERO TOLERANCE" formula.

You do something illegal (Baiting, Poaching, etc.), you lose your license for life in the state of NY.  It would make a lot of people think twice.

• Like 1

good lord, you want to talk about some sensitive sallys. You guys freak out and some call for him to be dragged through a town for a salt lick. Now take a step back from your keyboards and let me know if you'd honestly wish that upon someone. Would you give the order if you could? I'm not condoning it. I wrote that. Please go back and read.

A rapist receives 25 to life. A speeder receives a fine. Both are against the law.

Shawn, you need to let "shooting from a tractor" go my friend. Something my friends dad did 20 years ago is not what I do, or have ever done. I don't know why you can't get that through your thick skull... maybe you're too busy destroying deer and not eating them to realize it.

Phade, I'm not sure I was whining? Good luck tonight on your hunt. I've left you alone for 5 days, but I see you can't get over it yourself.

You reap what you sow Belo. Not everyone turns the other cheek when you attempt to slap them across the face. You had the chance to make good with many on here, myself included but you've made your choice.

Back to the subject at hand, the punishment is not up to us, we can only point out and recommend what should be done about it.

The baiting does not really bother me.  Every state i hunt in allows baiting except ny.  I do have a buddy that owns land in pulaski  and he has a couple of natives watch the property for him.  They shoot atleast one deer a week all year long.  Now that kind of stuff drives me crazy........

• Like 1

Culver, to answer your question, if he knew it was illegal and didn't just move here from a state where it was legal and forget to read the regs then I hope he is fined and his licensee suspended or whatever the normal punishment is. If it was an honest mistake punishment is still warranted but not as severe. Just like a judge hands out punishments for most offenders. Is that better?

I agree with the way the penalty should fit the crime but on this thread I was speaking more to how do we as hunters handle offenses we see. I have seen it go two ways here on this site (in general) the offense is pointed out and if the offender cops an attitude it goes south pretty quickly. I have also seen the "Wow I didn't know that" response fromteh offender and it peters out quickly. I think it is one thing to not know and then truely feel bad and make a change but entirely different when they are called on it and then you get the line of excuses and the "I am not the only one here doing it" approach. The latter will never get a pass from me. And one day when I screw up (we all do) and if I take that last approach I hope you call me on it too, becasue I will deserve it.

• Like 1

The baiting does not really bother me.  Every state i hunt in allows baiting except ny.  I do have a buddy that owns land in pulaski  and he has a couple of natives watch the property for him.  They shoot atleast one deer a week all year long.  Now that kind of stuff drives me crazy........

Just one word for the guys down in the Souther Tier------Amish

good lord, you want to talk about some sensitive sallys. You guys freak out  and some call for him to be dragged through a town for a salt lick (joke or not, you all got very touchy real quick). Now take a step back from your keyboards and let me know if you'd honestly wish that upon someone. Would you give the order if you could? I'm not condoning it. I wrote that. Please go back and read. Also, while you're at it. Why don't you read all my responses to Papist in his 3 baiting threads. Was it not obvious in those threads where I stand on the topic?

Do you talk like Charlie Brown's teacher? Cause that's all I'm hearin'.

Look, you are on an internet forum. People jumped on him because he was stupid and doing something wrong, and they let him have it. I am dealing with a baiter on the property line of one parcel I hunt. Even so much as the DEC officer going out there opening morning to try and catch the guy. I'll tell you - if you are dealing with a baiter on or next to your property - it'll tick you off and YOU WILL change your tune. Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Still relevant? Yes.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

lol nothing like putting bait in front of a stand with your name on it. DEC is not going to do anything even if you give them GPS coordinates to the bait pile. I've had to deal with DEC on this issue before and was basically told to kick rocks. I never noticed up until this year the amount of "bait" stores like wal-mart, dick's and gander mountain sell in retail stores in a state that doesn't allow bait.

lol nothing like putting bait in front of a stand with your name on it. DEC is not going to do anything even if you give them GPS coordinates to the bait pile. I've had to deal with DEC on this issue before and was basically told to kick rocks. I never noticed up until this year the amount of "bait" stores like wal-mart, dick's and gander mountain sell in retail stores in a state that doesn't allow bait.

I'm pleased with the response I got. Officer called me, dialed up the property map, and I told him I could send him an aerial of where it is. He got it, went out the first thing opening morning, and tried to pinch the guy. He was not in his stand, but he came across a few others hunting the line and cleared the area for 10 days while the bait is consumed. He knows word will get out, so a second attempt won't happen for a while. Officer took my complaint, followed up, and did what he could. Overall a plesant experience.

• Like 1

I agree with the way the penalty should fit the crime but on this thread I was speaking more to how do we as hunters handle offenses we see. I have seen it go two ways here on this site (in general) the offense is pointed out and if the offender cops an attitude it goes south pretty quickly. I have also seen the "Wow I didn't know that" response fromteh offender and it peters out quickly. I think it is one thing to not know and then truely feel bad and make a change but entirely different when they are called on it and then you get the line of excuses and the "I am not the only one here doing it" approach. The latter will never get a pass from me. And one day when I screw up (we all do) and if I take that last approach I hope you call me on it too, becasue I will deserve it.

totally agree. Honestly I didn't read past the first few posts. skimmed the rest.

Do you talk like Charlie Brown's teacher? Cause that's all I'm hearin'.

you used to be decent to debate with. Now you start off or end with insults. I'm done man. You don't have to agree with everything I say, but I refuse to debate or respond to you if you're going to be a child about it.

you used to be decent to debate with. Now you start off or end with insults. I'm done man. You don't have to agree with everything I say, but I refuse to debate or respond to you if you're going to be a child about it.

LOL, you are so up-tight. Relax a bit and try not to play devil's advocate so much.

No there really not for basically the same fine for a trespasser.  Now shooting one over bait is a different story but thats really not all that easy to catch somebody doing it and doing a stakeout and spending many man hrs to catch someone for a 500 dollar fine also is ridiculous.