I have zero luck

TeeBugg

Had the same two does i went full draw on yesterday morning come back in. This time they came from my right. First one i thought had disappeared until she showed up in front of me. She went into some thick stuff to my left and i assumed she went out into the powerline cut. 2 minutes later her counterpart showed up in front of me. But she actually came into my shooting zone. Went full draw and as i was putting the pin on her...i noticed a limb. But it appeared to me the limb was behind her. Release the arrow....smack!ting ting ting as my arrow goes off in the woods. The first one was still in the thick stuff and i had no idea. They both bolted. Now ive got a bent arrow and some crap luck!

Sent from Outer Space

It is early i know. Just two misses so far. The limb was todays issue. Last miss.....no idea. Still havent found the arrow lol. Was full draw on a button buck last night at 8 steps, but couldnt pull the trigger. My buddy an i were talking and weve both seen a good number of deer for it being early and warm. 2 spikes, 1 button buck, 1 really tall 8 and a bunch of does. Having fun just wish i was eating some venison!

Sent from Outer Space

Dude , i shot under one of my hot list bucks yesterday , i still cant stop thinking about it. It was a text book 25 yard broadside shot . Better to miss clean than to put a bad shot on a deer . I know the feeling.

I shot low on a nice buck yesterday bit wounded mine :( not sure if the wound is mortal but the rain washed everything away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen a few of my arrows over the years do some crazy stuff...when hunting with the recurve years ago.... I took a shot on a doe..It was too high and literally bounced of her back.....It flew up in the air ...completely in the opposite direction of the shot...I.... on and off.... looked for that arrow for 3 years..Damned if I know where it ended up...I know the doe was fine except a scar and missing fur over her shoulder...another I pulled a shot forward on a buck...he dropped loading his legs and turning at the same time...he hit the fletching completely turning the arrow...... I watched him and the arrow side by side going in the opposite direction of the shot and the arrow was on the far side of him...That was a strange sight....Found that one though 

I shot low on a nice buck yesterday bit wounded mine :( not sure if the wound is mortal but the rain washed everything away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Good example of why I don't bowhunt in the rain! Some guys insist on pounding their chests and saying, "Hunt in the rain! You can't kill 'em from the couch" ! But, I've also see a LOT of those guys with their tails between their legs after hitting one in the rain, and losing the bloodtrail too! Everyone envisions a classic double lung hit and a short bloodtrail, but it doesn't always work out that way that way! Sometimes, even good hits leave spotty bloodtrails, and following one of these in the rain makes it next to impossible!! No sense in shooting them, if ya can't find them!! JMHO.... 

Edited by Cabin Fever

I think you need to spend a little more time preparing and know where your shooting lanes are..  When the time comes to release the arrow, our minds do crazy things and do not process everything correctly...  Take all of the variables within your control out of play.

I think you need to spend a little more time preparing and know where your shooting lanes are.. When the time comes to release the arrow, our minds do crazy things and do not process everything correctly... Take all of the variables within your control out of play.

I know my shooting lanes. Just my eyes told my brain that dark limb is behind her lol

Sent from Outer Space

I agree about the hunting in the rain. And, If you have to bend, twist, stoop over or other wise put yourself in some weird position to get a shot off, its not worth the risk of wounding a deer, rain or no rain. If you are hunting the same stand over the next few days, listen for the crows.

Edited by New York Hillbilly

I agree with both of the last two posts. If you are hunting the same stand over the next few days, listen for the crows.

I did hunt it the next day and this past weekend. Ive had buddies search with me....zero luck. As for hunting in the rain...ill leave that to others. I dont enjoy being soaked and certainly do no want to hit one and lose all the blood trail. Yes its happened before where i hit one and it started raining while tracking. Luckily i saw the deer go down.

Sent from Outer Space