True definition of a "meat hunter"?

TeeBugg

Im not for killing anything, just to kill it. unless it is an aggressive or rabid animal, or an animal that somehow poses a threat to you or your family, I don't see killing it just to kill it. If a squirrel is going for you jugular ....blast him...If its just sitting in your back yard eating a chestnut?????? WTF??? Its you call

Since you don't seem to get it, let me put it to you straight. Squirrels are known to invade and burrow into sidings and destroy roof gutters. They can and have chewed throw homes and causes monetary damage. People, some being hunters, have shot and killed them or these reasons.

Squirrels, being a NYS game animal and protected; how do you feel about this? These squirrels were not rabid, nor were they found attacking anyone's jugulars. They were only making a home for themselves. They didn't threaten anyone's lives. They were just a nuisance.

From what I hear, some deer can also be a nuisance. As a matter of fact, there's also such a thing as nuisance tags, what a surprise.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Yes, even down to the eyeballs. I hope you don't expect me to eat the bones.... Sometimes I do, depending on the fish. Thanks for correcting your grammar, I know it must have been a difficult task. :)

EDITEDITEDITEDITEDIT........... :)

Sardines, yea I'll eat the bones and everything in the tin but other than them, I'll take them filleted, please! 

I fall into the meat hunter category.  I actually prefer young does, not fawns mind you, full grown but young.

A friend of mine hunts for horns. The meat doesn't go to waste but he loves the bragging about horns. Personally, I don't see where it gives him bragging rights just because something with horns happened by, but that's just me.

Isn't it fun playing by the rules? The mods are probably twitching right about now......................................... :comando:

Don't know what you're talking about Larry, I've always played by the rules... first. It's when I'm attacked that becomes a problem.... This thread sure has the makings for it.

Hey shawn, if you need somewhere to get rid of the "other than rib" meat - give a shout! ;)

SteveC, where have you been?! Oh that's right, a mod closed my give-away thread back in the summer. I think you might be late to the game though, I've got my hunting hat on now and tags are limited. I'll probably shove some of that undesirable meat down my throat so I don't come off as some type of attention wh0re or some type of great white hunter that's a stone cold killer.

I hope you can feel the sarcasm. Please don't report me to the anti-hunters association masked as hunters on the Internet forums.

Why is killing does for coyote bait ok(don't remember who said that during this thread) but not for dog food? If the resource is being used for sustenance I wouldn't consider it wasted. I certainly think it is a hell of a lot better then ripping out backstrap and disregarding the remainder.

• Like 1

20 cu ft commercial deep freezer in the basement.  Missed your giveaway thread as I just returneth from NAHC-land.    I even pick up and butcher myself  - make it easy on yourself.  Whack the ribs off and give a shout. Keep it cold and  lemme know where to pick up... 'cept maybe if it's in the Bronkx... I can't drive down there worth a ****. lol

i had 2 deer in the freezer, i gave some to family since they love it and kept a good amount. my dog ate about 30lbs of it this year because she loves it and its extremely good for her. im a good sharer... i had her on a venison and sweet potato diet. i dont think killing a deer for yote bait is cool at all nor legal. it was biz who said it but im sure it was a sly comment....

• Like 1

i had 2 deer in the freezer, i gave some to family since they love it and kept a good amount. my dog ate about 30lbs of it this year because she loves it and its extremely good for her. im a good sharer... i had her on a venison and sweet potato diet. i dont think killing a deer for yote bait is cool at all nor legal. it was biz who said it but im sure it was a sly comment....

You don't know Biz, he might be serious, lol. But honestly, what's the difference between feeding a dog at home and one that's wild? If feeding a yote with deer is illegal, I'll have to report a lot of people on this forum that tosses out the ribs. I HATE people that toss out ribs!!!

20 cu ft commercial deep freezer in the basement. Missed your giveaway thread as I just returneth from NAHC-land. I even pick up and butcher myself - make it easy on yourself. Whack the ribs off and give a shout. Keep it cold and lemme know where to pick up... 'cept maybe if it's in the Bronkx... I can't drive down there worth a ****. lol

Also met someone that worked for IBM for many years.... Have we met? LoL. PM me your number and I'll see if I can get you a few before my permits run out.

Also met someone that worked for IBM for many years.... Have we met? LoL. PM me your number and I'll see if I can get you a few before my permits run out.

Will do!  My Mother didn't raise any dumbies!  Well... my sisters... but I digress... :D

I'll get a pm to you.   We may of met somewhere along the line - I worked there for 38 years.

Why is killing does for coyote bait ok(don't remember who said that during this thread) but not for dog food? If the resource is being used for sustenance I wouldn't consider it wasted. I certainly think it is a hell of a lot better then ripping out backstrap and disregarding the remainder.

Killing does for coyote bait ? That's a terrible waste of venison . Just go to your local deer butcher and I'm sure he'll give you all the scraps ( including rib cages ) you'll need for predator hunting .

Idk Shawn....I tried the ribs once-parboiled then grilled with a blueberry BBQ sauce(damn good sauce). I ended up licking the sauce off and feeding my dog the ribs. I found the ribs pretty rough to stomach

Great! The more people don't like the ribs, the better for me! I'm currently up to 3lbs of rid for 1lb of straps. I might get up to 5lbs to 1 this year?!

It is too bad we do not have a wanton waste law in my opinion. That is the only thing i see issue with was disgusting seeing strapped out deer next to the road during last deer season. that and the dishonesty i see amongst "hunters" in general these days people telling me they will fill their son or wifes buck tag cause no one will know etc.If people would just follow the rules and hunt ethically i think we would all be better off. Instead of worrying what the next guy is doing just hunt for yourself or your group and be happy with that.   

You don't know Biz, he might be serious, lol. But honestly, what's the difference between feeding a dog at home and one that's wild? If feeding a yote with deer is illegal, I'll have to report a lot of people on this forum that tosses out the ribs. I HATE people that toss out ribs!!!

i tried the ribs once, they burned up faster then anything lol

next time ill have to keep a better eye on em

Killing does for coyote bait ? That's a terrible waste of venison . Just go to your local deer butcher and I'm sure he'll give you all the scraps ( including rib cages ) you'll need for predator hunting .

i agree or just a buy a friggin steak... 

i agree or just a buy a friggin steak...

A $10 dmp tag gives you a lot more bait for predator hunting then a $10 steak. I don't do this as I don't have my own land. My point was if its legal, I don't care what people do with their deer as long as they are shot n tagged legally

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Since you don't seem to get it, let me put it to you straight. Squirrels are known to invade and burrow into sidings and destroy roof gutters. They can and have chewed throw homes and causes monetary damage. People, some being hunters, have shot and killed them or these reasons.

Squirrels, being a NYS game animal and protected; how do you feel about this? These squirrels were not rabid, nor were they found attacking anyone's jugulars. They were only making a home for themselves. They didn't threaten anyone's lives. They were just a nuisance.

From what I hear, some deer can also be a nuisance. As a matter of fact, there's also such a thing as nuisance tags, what a surprise.

No..I get it. If squirrels were ruining my siding I would try to trap them and relocate them. If that failed I guess I would break out the .22 but I certainty wouldn't brag about killing them ,like I was some big bad a$$. You miss my point. Some times animals can become such a nuisance that they have to be put down. But thats not hunting.

Im talking about Losers who kill animals,  just so they can brag about what they killed or how many they have killed. Im talking about low life losers.. not hunters. Don't get me wrong.