The Gov't is watching you

I'm not one of those guys that is paranoid nor do I have anything at all to hide. However, crap like this has me worried.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/technology/nsa-is-mining-google-and-yahoo-abroad.html?_r=0

Now, you might not thing this is a big deal... Oh its international... Its not, its world wide, your data is flowing through there at some point at time..  Think of it this way.  You have your Cable modem, DSL, Fios or whatever you use to connect to the internet at home.  The NSA and other agencies tapped into the pipe before the pipe... What?! Yes, for example, if you have a home network and I'm sure 90% of you do (even if you don't realize it), its the same thing as the NSA tapping into your home and sniffing (recording) every thing you do on the net BEFORE it reaches the internet.   Not sure if I explained this correctly, however its some scary stuff.  I'm all for catching the bad guys, but at what point is the line crossed

Look at it this way, if the gov't was watching every move you made, meaning your connection to the world went from your PC to the Gov't then to the net how would you feel?  Think about it.

Google and Yahoo are not the bad guys here, their internal fiber to fiber  networks have been compromised with out them knowing.  They employ some of the smartest and intelligent network and computer engineers out there.  That is what has been exposed (snowden) , imagine what has not yet been disclosed. 

Oh I am certainly with you all the way.  when they pushed the patriot act I was against that as well as every other damn thing that chips away at our liberties and freedoms.  If we do not stand for something, we will fall for everything.

Completely Agree, just didn't really have a comment to add... just a sigh of agreement

But seeing as you poked for comment...

It's worse than them tapping into my home network... I don't do much on my home network that I couldn't share with the world....

But Google... the sheer amount of private , commercial, municipal etc,  communication and documents that flow around on that network  between gmail, google apps, google+  is unfathomable