Who is ready for some ice?!?!?

TeeBugg

I absolutely love ice fishing! Sitting in the shanty being able to bull shit with the guys for hours and watching the fish come up to the lure through the hole is such a great time. I just wish there was more ice around here, seems like it's mid January before we can even get on the ice. This year may be a tough one since my fishing partner's wife is expecting to deliver any day now. I'm taking up offers of people who want to fish the Cap Region this year.  :bye:

• Like 1

Buying some booze this evening after hunting I was in line and two older gents were chatting away about ice fishing. I am always amazed when i run into people who ice fishing my area-Westchester - hard water is real tough to come by - we haven't had an all-out, every lake/reservoir lock up in years.

Buying some booze this evening after hunting I was in line and two older gents were chatting away about ice fishing. I am always amazed when i run into people who ice fishing my area-Westchester - hard water is real tough to come by - we haven't had an all-out, every lake/reservoir lock up in years.

Big K never ices up, hence no ice fishing there allowed. I also believe NC isn't allowed either.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://Facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

The largest fish I ever caught was in one of the ponds near Bear Mountian, On a tip up with a live minnow, largemouth bass ,we used a 6" auger for the hole and had to make the hole wider with an ax to get it out. Shame it was out of season whent right back in. 

I remember my first time ice fishing a few years ago at the small boat harbour in buffalo my brother and I got out of the hut at the same time on a windy night with no snow on the ice. The hut took off on the ice thank god it hit the break wall other wise I may have been going to canada

While upper 40s were great for a bow hunt today, in the back of my mind I was thinking of the ice NOT FORMING....drats - I thought we might get some early ice this year

60 and higher tomorrow with rain. Looks like this year's ice fishing will be a bust like last year.

How was the hunt?

60 and higher tomorrow with rain. Looks like this year's ice fishing will be a bust like last year.

How was the hunt?

Slow...tracks and sign everywhere but no sightings - not even when I purposely walked through thick areas that usually hold some deer - cant ge a bead on them at all

The north end of cayuga lake started to freeze but it craped the bed with the crazy weather we have had the last couple days. Better off putting the boat in the water lol

when the people fear the government there is tyranny. when the government fears the people there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson