Holloween dmp filled

Fantail

Deer #4 down.

Thursday I hit a WMA spot with the climber that I've had some luck with in the past. Saw a pair of deer cross a feild and I tried to call but it was so windy I doubt they heard me. Was doing some surfing all morning and called it near 11 because it just got worse. Took a break Friday while burning a vacation day and took care of some things at camp.

Saturday morning, another day run I parked myself in an old favorite spot perhaps for the last time this year (7r) to try & fill a tag. About 1 hour after sunup a doe made her way about 30 yards from me. I thought it was a button at first, it went back and forth for a few minutes acting like it wasn't sure which way to cross. Once I had a positive id at 10 o'clock angle broadside, I took the shot! Ok size doe, not big but good venison & now I have all my doe tags filled about a month ahead of plans. I'll try and remember to post a pic later after work.

It's a vacation day thing - what I mean is instead of burning all my pto now I can float some for next year. And use that time for spring Turkey, then have some reserve for next season or use a little for plot work etc.

Realy digging the Bowhunting thing ;) The luck has given me an interesting problem though. Got 1 tag left - for regular season buck. I can be more selective with it. But, if I burn it this season then I'll have zip for next year early (late Sept.) Bow NZ.

D The luck has given me an interesting problem though. Got 1 tag left - for regular season buck. I can be more selective with it. But, if I burn it this season then I'll have zip for next year early (late Sept.) Bow NZ.

I think most hunters wouldn't mind this great dilemma that you are having!  ;)