I'm in need of some steel shot, which I used to order on line from out of State. I thought that I could still buy ammo from a mail order out of state company, but someone just told me that with the new law (SAFE ACT) that I can't do that anymore. I live in Nassau County.

Did I miss something ? Can I still purchase the ammo  from companies like Cabelas ?

January 15,2014 internet ammo purchases are illegal in NY.  The background check will not be nics, It will be done by the state police and they keep the data.  Anybody see anything wrong with this.

Here is the link to the page that tells all about it.  Everyone should read it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.governor.ny.gov%2Fnysafeact%2Fgun-reform&ei=_2CFUoyVMpHK4AORuYC4DA&usg=AFQjCNGxJcfBNap_yZ9_Z0We9cY_cfPvBQ&bvm=bv.56343320,d.dmg&cad=rja

The unsafe act is bullshit... everything is wrong with it

Before you know it they will be raiding houses

to check for ammo....they gonna put up rd checks

beetween here and pennsylvaina to check cars for ammo

Lol good luck with the safe act and the sheep who think

its a good law wait till somebody breaks in there house

If you have a licensed dealer receive the order I believe you can purchase. Background check would be done at the licensed dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'll be thrilled to have people ship ammo to their store instead of buying it from them..........much like the way they handle private person to person gun sales, most refuse to do it.

it will apply to all ammo.  The guy was paying with a credit card and they asked for id.  Pulled his license they shut it down right there.  The word is it will be delayed indefinitely, which means until after the 2014 elections.  The state police will be doing the background checks and keeping all the data.A great way to get gun information.  They may not know what you have, but they will know what calibers you have.  Much like obamacare the database is not ready. Quite a few people still do not think this effects them as they do not own assault weapons, so they remain ambivalent to it.  They will need to be effected to get involved, so delaying it is a political move as much as anything. When it costs extra for a background check to buy a box of 22 ammo people will then be pissed. Most of the dealers in my area are not going to sell ammo the same as they are not doing the background checks for individual sales.  If you can not get ammo guns get pretty much useless.  Ok I am off my soapbox.  Long story short no internet sales after mid january.