NY News Channel warns public its hunting (deer) season

Sorry I found nothing wrong with that.....some dogs get so crazed during thunderstorms and hearing gun fire...loud noises...they go absolutely crazy.......our shepherd won't leave the porch to potty unless I take her during gun season...thunder leaves her shaking under the bed....I've seen dogs much worse...

Edited by growalot

Sorry I found nothing wrong with that.....some dogs get so crazed during thunderstorms and hearing gun fire...loud noises...they go absolutely crazy.......our shepherd won't leave the porch to potty unless I take her during gun season...thunder leaves her shaking under the bed....I've seen dogs much worse...

I am undecided, but I am decided it wasn't very professional . Also, why don't they tell people that if they decide to walk their dogs on WMAs they might encounter gunshots which could frighten their dogs, even causing them to run off into the countryside? If you hunt with dogs on some wmas you are likely to encounter  non hunting dog people who think its wonderful idea to walk up to you with their dog to greet you and your dog. What if a hunter takes a shot at that time, how will their dog react? Not to mention bothering the other dog at work or worse a dog fight. If you are going to cover an issue, be thorough. This seems to be an agenda not a public service message...

Honestly, with the current trend of people letting their animals do whatever they want, taking them everywhere they go (sometimes even into the bathroom I think) and couple that with the number of idiots who shoot at anything without knowing 100% what it is, I didn't find it bad at all.

I didn't find it bad. some people have no idea that it's hunting season. Although  it is an issue having your pets chasing deer at ANY time throughout the year not just during gun season. On a piece of private land that i hunt i had 2  5yo bucks and 1 4yo buck on my trail cams every day, until i started getting multiple pics of a pit mix and small shepard mix.  Deer were gone... 

I'll tell you what...

you slowly read out loud what you just wrote... then think hard on why your suggestion might not be the best

They took some real concerns and pointed them out with short and reasonable solutions .....

Not sure who you're talking to but if it's me, I don't understand your point. There are idiots everywhere.

Idiots take their pets everywhere they go, idiots in the woods shoot at things they haven't clearly identified. Both sets of idiots need to be warned.  The educated and intelligent members of the species already are aware of it and take the appropriate cautions and act responsibly. 

Makes good sense to me, as a land owner, dog owner and deer hunter, to give a friendly reminder to the public. 

I have a neighbor whose dogs were awful deer runners but home on the porch every day when he got home from work.  I finally showed him deer cam pictures of deer going by with his dogs close behind. Finally he got it through his head it was true. As bad as their deer running bothered me, not once did I seriously consider shooting them. My fear was though, someone else might and he would think it was me. I never blame the dogs for doing what comes natural to them. I do however blame people for doing stupid things like letting their dogs run wild, at any time deer season or not. I also think people who go around shooting peoples dogs any time they cross them in the woods are off their rockers. I wouldn't even consider running my beagles on rabbits this time of year even though rabbit season is open, because of the potential for one of them to get shot.

If you yourself or your personal property, livestock, family, etc. are threatened by loose dogs then do what ever you need to do.  Otherwise, to shoot somebody's pet because they might be "running deer" is just a lame excuse to kill something.

Edited by New York Hillbilly