Stand with Phil

josephmrtn

Has anyone here  actually heard the interview???  What exactly did he say?    "all gays should burn in hell?" did he use a derogatory term when referring to gays?  I honestly don't know and I can't find the interview on line. Anyone?

That he doesn't "get it" and that he thinks a vagina looks a lot better than another man's asshole.

O rly? That's the case for every straight man idiot.

And he said that he grew up with blacks and they were all happy with their status at the time and that he was on their level then because he was white trash.

Something like that.

I quit watching the show when there new contract came up and they said they wouldn't make anymore episodes unless they got 200k+ per episode. That's when I knew they where greedy bastards

I love these type of responses. Typical reaction to the big sports contract or record deal. Do yourself a favor and research just how much the studio, network, team owner make and you might understand. They do all the work and in some cases make less than 20% of the profit?

I don't see the big deal. It's not like Obama shut the show down. To my understanding (barely read anything on this) the channel execs suspended him over ignorant comments he made (about gays and blacks) and if the channel feels that this could potentially turn people away from tuning in to the channel, it's well within their rights to hand out any punishment they see fit. It is their money.

Blacks? What? Don't make statements before you at least read about it.

I love these type of responses. Typical reaction to the big sports contract or record deal. Do yourself a favor and research just how much the studio, network, team owner make and you might understand. They do all the work and in some cases make less than 20% of the profit?

And, that's 200k per episode for ALL of the family. That's not individual.

It's a far cry from what other people in that industry with lesser followings earn.

They are bringing in the serious cash through merch.

And, that's 200k per episode for ALL of the family. That's not individual.

It's a far cry from what other people in that industry with lesser followings earn.

They are bringing in the serious cash through merch.

That's how Capitalism, which is what this country is SUPPOSED to be based on, functions.

Anyone wanna compare it to the roid stars of the bases?

Na I watched them throwing a fit on tv about it. The way they came about it was just childish I thought. So I made a decision to stop watching the show. I don't care what anybody makes if I was rich I would help everybody that I could and live in a trailer for all I care.money means nothing to me unlike everybody else. Money is the reason this country is falling apart.

Lol what was racists about that? He only said he never saw mistreatment. Come on man. It's just a pile on and the one article is written by Jamelle lol. And he/she makes their own assumption of what he meant. Hilarious

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

Right Pygmy, because joining the Peace Corps would be something to make fun of...?

Heck no, Virgil...

I just thought that you would be a natural for a Peace Corps or Missionary type job, considering your obvious compassion for your fellow man.

Oh yeah... I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the only person I ever met who joined the Peace Corps is gay...

Lol what was racists about that? He only said he never saw mistreatment. Come on man. It's just a pile on and the one article is written by Jamelle lol. And he/she makes their own assumption of what he meant. Hilarious

"African-Americans had nothing to complain about under Jim Crow"

You cool with that? OK.

This also wasn't the full interview.

Na I watched them throwing a fit on tv about it. The way they came about it was just childish I thought. So I made a decision to stop watching the show. I don't care what anybody makes if I was rich I would help everybody that I could and live in a trailer for all I care.money means nothing to me unlike everybody else. Money is the reason this country is falling apart.

Typical comment from someone who thinks they know how it works. Many will make claims to what they'd do with money, but they always change their minds when they get it.

I just received a very, very nice bonus. The government took almost half of it. But hey those on welfare worked hard for it, not me right? Vote blue and it'll continue to happen.

• Like 2

. To my understanding (barely read anything on this) the channel execs suspended him over ignorant comments he made (about gays and blacks) and if the channel feels that this could potentially turn people away from tuning in to the channel, it's well within their rights to hand out any punishment they see fit. It is their money.

You understand nothing if you haven't read the article and frankly are talking out your a$$

HIAS ACTUAL QUOTES

Phil on Sin

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Phil On Growing Up in Pre-Civil-Rights-Era Louisiana

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”