Sept 1st bow opener?

The thought is people use others tags or do not tag deer to save tags for those 4 days.  Plus they shoot anytning just to burn the tag.  They hope yo legislate ethics.

I can see the problem with trying to combat people using other peoples tags during the early season as that is a problem,but if I buy my tags and save a tag so I can hunt those 4 days thats my right.I put the money down and its my right when and where I want to use them as long as its the right season.If they want to legislate changes then they need to come out and say this is what we want to do and this is why.These jackoffs need to stop back door'ing everything to get what they want.I am for any and all changes as long as they help the herd and deer hunting in NY,but what I dont like the throw shat at the wall and see what sticks approach they have been doing.

UMMM if I buy my tags and the rules are set forward for the following year and those tags are already good fr those dates then yes I feel its my right.umm if they make a change then yes I have to follow the rules and will do so.As it states right now I have the right to hunt next September 27th-30th.Therefor if they change the season dates they would have to set a change for 2015.Umm...umm...ummm

it can change for next year whether you have tags or not.  This was set well over a year ago.  Not something they thought up this week.   The new license year will be 9/1 to 8/31.  So even if they do not change the dates to 10/1 you can  hunt on 9/27, with your new years tags only.  It is the way it is going to be.  This is part of why they took the system off line for a few days.  to upgrade these things.  Your old tags will not be good as I can guarantee you the "early":season is going to be gone.

Just like shooting a albino,piebald or a non typical buck if you ask me.Just another trophy in my eyes.A few years back we had a small 6 running around during archery that was in full velvet.I and a few guys saw him a few times but never saw him again once gun season started so I would imagine it was shot.I have heard that sometimes they are either injured or could be a female with antlers

Never understood the appeal of this personally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something different for the wall is all. I think a buck in full velvet is a pretty sight. Wouldn't mind one hanging on my wall. Not saying I support a Sept 1st opener, just saying if it happened I would make the best of it.

Machinists, would you have shot that 6?

He was very very small but at the time yes I would have shot him,the last few years I have been doing my best to hold back on the small bucks.Some years its tough because you don't se much and some are a bit easier because you see good bucks that either fly by running a do,just out of range or at least on trail cam.This last year was very hard for buck sightings where I hunt.

I hate to say it, but I would rather shiver than deal with bugs..lol

Sorry but I'm exactly the opposite... Id MUCH rather use bug spray/thermacell and hunt in warm weather w my bow than shiver in a stand hunting w a gun!

I'm NOT a fan of cold weather! Must be cause my mom grew up in arizona :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Edited by josephmrtn

Sorry but I'm exactly the opposite... Id MUCH rather use bug spray/thermacell and hunt in warm weather w my bow than shiver in a stand hunting w a gun! I'm NOT a fan of cold weather! Must be cause my mom grew up in arizona :) Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Here's the problem. When the weather gets horrible cold, I have to start putting on layer after layer of clothes. Eventually, the thickness and bulk of the clothing will sooner or later effect my shooting ..... and not in a nice way .... lol. If it isn't outright string/clothing interference, it is an effect on my form as the clothing effects my draw. When we have parts of the season where I have to over-dress just to survive the cold, I simply end the season right there.

I have no love for bugs and sweat, but there are ways to combat them that do not effect my shooting. Of course the earlier hunting is being done, the farther away from the rut it is. And so you lose all advantages over some of those more cautious bucks. The nocturnal ones stay nocturnal. One other thing that bothers me about "summer hunting" is the possibilities for spoilage if everything doesn't go exactly correct.

There is one other thing that bothers me about all this driving of the bow season ever-earlier. Bowhunters have already become the target of envy from all other hunters, and it is probably only a matter of time before we find all kinds of other weapons jumping into that early season time-slot. At that point whatever benefits that bow hunting currently enjoys of hunting a fairly calm and patternable herd will be replaced by a more clogged up circus-like atmosphere. The result will be more leases or locked up land, more posting and less access. That sort of thing is already happening. Well, that's one theory anyway.....lol.

Here's the problem. When the weather gets horrible cold, I have to start putting on layer after layer of clothes. Eventually, the thickness and bulk of the clothing will sooner or later effect my shooting ..... and not in a nice way .... lol. If it isn't outright string/clothing interference, it is an effect on my form as the clothing effects my draw. When we have parts of the season where I have to over-dress just to survive the cold, I simply end the season right there.

I have no love for bugs and sweat, but there are ways to combat them that do not effect my shooting. Of course the earlier hunting is being done, the farther away from the rut it is. And so you lose all advantages over some of those more cautious bucks. The nocturnal ones stay nocturnal. One other thing that bothers me about "summer hunting" is the possibilities for spoilage if everything doesn't go exactly correct.

There is one other thing that bothers me about all this driving of the bow season ever-earlier. Bowhunters have already become the target of envy from all other hunters, and it is probably only a matter of time before we find all kinds of other weapons jumping into that early season time-slot. At that point whatever benefits that bow hunting currently enjoys of hunting a fairly calm and patternable herd will be replaced by a more clogged up circus-like atmosphere. The result will be more leases or locked up land, more posting and less access. That sort of thing is already happening. Well, that's one theory anyway.....lol.

lol EXACTLY!!! which is why i havnt tried hunting late bow yet :)