The New F-150; Tinfoil On Wheels?

landtracdeerhunter

I owned a early build date 2011 F150 Ecoboost and had 74K great miles with it. Truck was solid. The ecboost engine is a beast. Phade you'd have to research more than wiki because there's no detonation on regular gas. Other than a tank of premium every couple months I ran regular for the majority of my time with it. I used and abused that truck too. The ecoboost ate up all my buddies chevys and dodges and tundras. Fast truck and the mpg was great till I put on oversized tires and a ranch hand bumper. I actually think the 2.7L ecoboost will be a great engine. I would really like to see a bigger ecoboost. But I've heard rumors of a bigger caliber engine in the works.

The frame is still made out of steel. The cab, body, and cargo area will be made out of a high grade aluminum alloy in 2015.  The vehicle's weight will be 700 lbs lighter for better fuel economy, without hurting performance.  2.7 liter engine .  Ford as well as shareholders, hopes sales will "take off."  Ford officials couldn't be reached for comment, as they were on a soda break LOL.attachicon.gif2015 ford- 150.jpg

Other manufactures have been using aluminum engine cradles for several years now. I just worry about durability and cracks developing in vibration and stress areas. Maybe they have ironed that out.

2.7L? Good luck doing anything that you need a truck for with that! I'd be scared out of my mind to hook onto my 10,000# boat with that. I'm not sure it'd be able to pull it out of the water!

The half ton engine is not a Cummins. Its a VM Motori engine, which is a company in the same group as Fiat and Alfa Romeo. Its a V6, 3.0 liter turbo. Its been around for a few years in Europe.

I own a 2010 Ram, theres nothing wrong with it. Id put it up against anything in its class in a heartbeat.

I really like the styling of the Ram trucks and if I were in the market would give them a consideration.  Only problem I have seen is the body doesn't hold up like some of its competitors.  I have an 04 Silverado that is in far better shape than some newer Rams I have seen.  Granted, everyone treats their vehicles differently so maybe that is the main reason.  

As far as the new 2.7 L diesel Eco boost goes, what kind of HP/torque are they cranking out?  I would expect it to be comparable at least to the 5.4 L triton.  Call me old school, but it just doesn't sound right.  "Nice truck, what you got under the hood?"  "That there is a 2.7 L, 164 cubic inch, Eco boost"  haha

• Like 2

I really like the styling of the Ram trucks and if I were in the market would give them a consideration.  Only problem I have seen is the body doesn't hold up like some of its competitors.  I have an 04 Silverado that is in far better shape than some newer Rams I have seen.  Granted, everyone treats their vehicles differently so maybe that is the main reason.  

As far as the new 2.7 L diesel Eco boost goes, what kind of HP/torque are they cranking out?  I would expect it to be comparable at least to the 5.4 L triton.  Call me old school, but it just doesn't sound right.  "Nice truck, what you got under the hood?"  "That there is a 2.7 L, 164 cubic inch, Eco boost"  haha

The 5.4 triton was the worst motor there was IMO. I had a 250 SD with the 5.4 and it was a dog. Not to mention had to replace the motor at 100K. I did everything mod I could to give it more ass and in the end. It wasn't worth the cost of the mods for what I got out of it. I now have a Tundra with the 5.7 and it is night and day difference in power. As far as the Rams go. You couldn't pay me to drive one. Absolute garbage IMO.