E Cigarette

Lawdwaz

I have an e-cigarette a customer gave me.  Anybody want it?

I was smoking cigars at the time and the guy said here, try THIS.  I didn't and I can't round file it as somebody must need it??

PM me your address and I'll ship it gratis.....................

No smoke, no odor, no overly harsh chemicals.  Being someone who has tried both, the e-cigs are certainly no where near as potent as a regular cigarette...good and bad.  In other words, if you're a regular smoker you'll find e-cig to be too weak for your liking.  But like Lawdwaz said, it's suppose to help you quit smoking.  Or...it can be a healthier alternative.

While second hand "smoke" from a e-cig doesn't contain any of the harsh toxins that a regular cigarette does, it still does contain a trace amount of nicotine in the vapor.  Only about 1/5 of that of regular cigarettes so you should still take non-smokers into consideration when smoking e-cigs around them.

More than 50% of the people I know who use ecigs do it so they can smoke inside, and the flavors. Keep in mind most the people I know are in their 20s and that's probably why they don't use them for quitting, as other people who may be older and looking to quit is why they use them. I don't smoke nor "vape" I have no input as to the effects.

I can say though some of my buddy who use them have said there are some liquids that are very high in nicotine, especially because you can buy different blends and flavors. Nicotine content can vary when you buy. Some have 16mg of nicotine

I was using the high content ones.  16mg.  I found them to be weak.  Potency also vary to individual capsules as well.  How long they've been sitting on the shelf.  How well they were stored, etc.  All seem to effect the quality and duration of each capsule.  I even got a few "duds" as well but it was rare.

I have been off cigarettes for almost 6 years, and I still get days when I would just love to have one. What a gosh-awful addiction that is.

By the way, for those that are looking for a good way to quit, I can say that I used Chantix, and it seemed as though it made it not near as tough as other times that I tried. Of course at the time, my mind was in the right place for quitting, which I think is 95% of the battle.

for those of you that used chantix did you experience any of the side effect's like depresion or the wierd dreams?

Not really sure about the dreams but the first week or so i was like a zombie. Didn't want to talk or couldn't, haha everyone around me loved that part. Then the withdrawals kicked in 2nd week in.

I used Chantix.  It's a series of 3 steps, 3 weeks each in duration.  You can continue to smoke for a while, I forget what they said but I ended up quitting in week five and never bothered taking the final stage.   That was about 6 years ago as well and I've never wanted to pick another one up. But as Doc said, I was ready to quit.  

According to my wife, I got a bit irritable.  I had no depression but I actually miss the dreams. ;)  I wouldn't call them weird, mine were more of an extremely vivid sort.  In todays terms I guess it may be described as in ultra high def 3D and very vivid colors. :D 

I could go into my health issues due to smoking but no one will quit until they are ready. Do yourself a huge favor, be ready.

On the flip side of that, it doesn't bother me to be around someone smoking outside but if someone were smoking inside or in a car, I'd have to leave.  A friend of mine smokes and after he goes outside and then comes back in, I invariably say to myself (phew, I used to smell like that?!?)

• Like 1

I can't recall any of the threatened potential side-effects. My biggest problem at the time was focused on quitting those damned things. Chantix worked where nothing I had tried before worked. I think part of it may have had something to do with being able to continue to smoke during that first week. That allowed it to get established in my system without the stress of actually quitting at the same time.