Two Bucks during Early Bow season

Hondo65

I know for a fact that you cannot share antlered tags and that if you do so with with antlerless tags they have to be signed over. Unless there is a real good reason it seems to me someone on here has the balls to take two bucks in early bow season and go on a public forum to talk about it. This crap pisses me off. Hate to talk out of school , if there is legal justification for it but I am betting someone thinks that they can use there regular season tag during bow, got one from friend or family, or just doesn't give a damn....to me that equals POACHER.

Hondo

That was an honest question, this dude is a neighbor and i don't want him to have any hard feelings if i was to make the call.  Is it possible to make an anonymous complaint? I commented with the hopes of some advice. I didn't mean to give anyone the wrong impression.

I am not refering to you or your neighbor...though if your neighbor does that then he is breaking the law...you can certainly call in an annon complaint.  Just read a post about a buck and thought some things looked familiar in the photos and I checked back a bit and saw another. Double checked and can't really see an explanation or justification for the two bucks

Hondo

Not to rain on the rant parade, but if someone is willing to pay 200$ a year for 2 sets of tags, and they have the patience and ability to get 2, god bless.  I was thinking about making my dad take his Bow certification so I could draw on a fat doe before the last couple days of bow to use my tag and still hunt legally.  As long as its tagged it looks pretty legal to me.

That is the typical thinking of most scumbags... I see it everyday...anything to get around the rules that the majority of other people follow. Then to come out in public and brag about it...smart...Idiots like you are the ones who will eventually ruin it for all.

Hondo

It really burns my ass that  some of the guys out there hunt " It's brown, it's down" which by itself is fine if that is how you want to hunt and YOU have the legal tags for it. It's easy to hunt like that when you don't give a crap cuz you will just go out and shoot the next biggest one you see.. legal or not..you can find a tag...or butcher it up quick enough so no one knows till your dumb ass goes online and tells the world.  And Redneck I only say you cuz you defended it, your not the one I noticed but your mentality is the same. According to your argument, if I am rich enough I should be able to shoot anything I want? You sir no doubt in my mind are a Moron

Hondo

It really burns my ass that  some of the guys out there hunt " It's brown, it's down" which by itself is fine if that is how you want to hunt and YOU have the legal tags for it. It's easy to hunt like that when you don't give a crap cuz you will just go out and shoot the next biggest one you see.. legal or not..you can find a tag...or butcher it up quick enough so no one knows till your dumb ass goes online and tells the world.  And Redneck I only say you cuz you defended it, your not the one I noticed but your mentality is the same. According to your argument, if I am rich enough I should be able to shoot anything I want? You sir no doubt in my mind are a Moron

Hondo

So we've gone from : " Maybe having my dad get his bow cert so I can put a nice fat doe in his freezer during bow season.", to "You're a moron".  Well done sir.  Could you let the public at large know another very well thought out opinion?

Hondo, I understand your frustration, but where do you draw the line?  I don't know what size deer your neighbor got, but I got two buck this year.  The first was a little spike.  Not a little deer (in fact, at first I thought it was a big doe), but little spikes.  Not legal to tag as a buck, so I had to tag as a doe.  Certainly, I would have preferred to leave him for another couple years.

Anyway, I guess it depends on your view.  Do you turn in the people that pass you at 75 mph on the thruway?  Do you order things online and not report the sales tax to NY State?  Does this guy shoot ten deer a year?

Yes.  This is illegal.  Probably done by many people.  Only you know if this guys is a bad guy or just made one bad decision.  Only you can make the decision to turn him in.

Gundeck...maybe you are missing my point...you said that your buck was not legal to tag as a buck..if it was a spike with antlers under 3" then you are within the law...no problem... I choose to hold out for big bucks but have nothing against anyone that wants to shoot little ones. But be prepared to pass up a monster later in the season if you have burned your buck tag on a small "antlered deer" (legal definition) The first buck taken while small by no means qualified  as "antlerLESS". I am aware that very many people break this rule...doesn't make it right...and while your argument about speeding is also correct...if you get caught...then you have to pay.... but to come on a public hunting site where a new generation of hunters may be reading and indicate ignoring game laws is A-OK cuz we feel like it. That is taking it too far.

Hondo

I don't know either. I gues only he does. I was just saying it is possible to do and stay within the laws. The law ans the hunters that follow it will never be able to totally clean up the sport. I just run by the guideline that I chose to and need to be able to look my self in the mirror at night...as unappealing as that may be...lol :P

who cares as long as its tag his wife had to pay for that tag and the tag is getting used some people depend on the deer meat to last a year and tag out so they can keep there food cost down so to each his own.... im not saying that its right but if my wife had tags that needed fill i would fill them.... hunting liesens are not cheap this state is getting rediculous with all the price hikes in everything....

john

Gundeck you are right I don't know this guy...but I know my gut...my guess is I am not far off in my opinion...to come online to get congratulated twice for killing bucks in the early season... I am thinkin jerk...now that being said...if he drove up to the Northern Zone and took his buck there with last years tag then no harm no foul and that is why I haven't named names or done anything about it. But it is appearant that there is some support on here for that kind of activity and has stirred up a little ethical hornets nest.

Hondo

My suggestion to you Isles. if you know if for a fact ...report it. The consequences are not a concern. I would have to look at the DEC site but there is a TIPPS hotline I think and it is annonymous (sp)

Hondo. If you saw it on this sight. PM the guy and ask for clarification.

It pisses me off too to have guys taking multiple bucks. I have limited tags and I have passed on immature bucks this year because I now what is around. Darn thing....Does won't get within shooting distance and the little bucks are dancing around my stands.

Now I will say this. if they tighten up on the number of DMP's issued and they get tougher to get bu still allow them to be signed over. My daughter WILL be getting her license even though she will not hunt. But in the current set up I can put the 2 does in the freezer that I need to. Is that wrong......I don't think so. If they stop the ability to sign over DMP's I wouldn't do it