Two Bucks during Early Bow season

Hondo65

who cares as long as its tag his wife had to pay for that tag and the tag is getting used some people depend on the deer meat to last a year and tag out so they can keep there food cost down so to each his own.... im not saying that its right but if my wife had tags that needed fill i would fill them.... hunting liesens are not cheap this state is getting rediculous with all the price hikes in everything....

john

That is illegal and if I had evidence of It I would turn you or that person in. If things are that tight...spend less daylight in the woods and get another job.

I personally think this is a ridiculous law and would like to be able to see a hunter use his regular season tag during the early season.  You can use your regular season tag during late archery/blackpowder season, why shouldnt you be able to use it during the early season.  Bottom line is that when you buy a big game, muzzleloading, and archery license for a bunch of $-> it entitles you to one buck tag, one either sex tag, and one antlerless tag.  What difference does it make during which season those three tags are filled???

Amen Brother!

I am by no means a wealthy man. Decently employed, but things are tight and my GF just got laid off. If I have to work extra and will if I can. I am also sick of people sponging off the system and the government giving away half of my paycheck. And before anyone gets into a rant about my being employed..I willingly help others and have had my own charity event to raise money to help the hungry..just sick of people making living off the system a way of life

. But now I digress.

Personally, I was just talking to my buddy about how if they are going to give us two buck tags a year then maybe we should be allowed to use them both during bow season and if you burn them both before gun so be it...just too many people not willing to live with the consequences of their actions and trying to "have their cake and eat it too"

Hondo

Amen to CulverCreek.

Brandon... I agreee in principle and it is the law for now...

there will always be those that want just one more chance. One of the problems with society in general..."the I deserve what I want" mentality. If you burn your tag on a little guy and then shoot a monster just cuz you can get away with it...no defence whatsoever...don't even try

Hondo

read around on the site...there seems to be a lot of support for the state going to One buck only. I actually support it. It may help age teh bucks a little more.

the only problem is just what we are talking about....The ones tah will either not tag a deer or use someone elses tag on it. But you know what...outlaws will be outlaws regardless of the changes made.

I should be thankful for Outlaws...they are going to send my kid to college.

I have been no angel in my llife...made mistakes and paid for alot of them, probably in some way all of them. I have learned though if I have been wrong to apologize and pay the dues if that is what it comes too.

I run into too many people, who I have caught say trespassing...and to a man I have yet to get a simple apology and "it won't happen again" I get lies, arguments and even beligerence. Then to see the intelligence online of defending doing whatever you want...grrrrrr. I ain't gonna lay down for it...

Hondo

Oh and on the One Buck only topic...great idea!

I would support it, but will admit being a bit of a hypocrit at the same time, as long as I can legally take two I will if they are what I am looking to shoot. Unfortunately they are smarter than I and I have yet to have that opportunity.

Hondo

Oh and on the One Buck only topic...great idea!

I would support it, but will admit being a bit of a hypocrit at the same time, as long as I can legally take two I will if they are what I am looking to shoot. Unfortunately they are smarter than I and I have yet to have that opportunity.

Hondo

Same here. If I have the tags I will...keep the same standards  but I have only pulled it off a few times. I would love to see them do it though and see if the results come up to the hype

well that one you won't get me to sign on for...lol. too many guys dont bow hunt. And in a VERY selfish  role since my father cant anymore I wouldn't want to see his hunting season ....and equally his hunting time with me ...shortened. If they threw xbows in and did that I could probably get on board but  who knows how they would structure it

im just saying im not an outlaw and i have a job that i love paying taxes for the idiots sitting on their ass collecting..... i hardly have time to fill my own tags... if your neighbor is being loud at night are you going to call the cops? if some one walks on your property you gonna have them arrested? in my opinion that the person who calls the cops on there neighbor honestly hes an idiot

Now if I red the column right upstate is saying take a big fat doe.  Which if the father has a doe tag and signs it over it is legal right.  I know where some of you are coming from the ones that abide by the law seem to get taken advantage of.  We can't do anything about it right?

Someone walks on my property during hunting season damn straight... too many excuses and BS I have watched some guys as they thought about taking a swing...no ones given me the pleasure yet...just another thing that pisses me off about all the ones looking for an angle..an angle to hunt where they don't have permission, an angle to kill something the legally can't...

If my neighbor is looking for an angle to screw me...I'll make it straight...if my neighbor needs my help...I'm all in...

I can talk to anybody and am not afraid to help or confront. I will try to work a problem out but the majority of people I have dealt with open their mouths and the BS just pours out...then they are done...an apology and honesty will go along way with me. BS, and its over plain and simple.

I guess why it bothers me so much is I hunt for the peace and quiet, comraderie with other like minded people, and then all too often it is ruined by the same kind of mentality I deal with all day and I don't want to expect it from "hunters".

Hondo

Personally, I was just talking to my buddy about how if they are going to give us two buck tags a year then maybe we should be allowed to use them both during bow season

More then a few gun only hunters complain about bowhunters getting 1st crack at bucks  for  4 weeks.

Try to make it legal to fill 2 buck tags during bow and we will quickly find out how outnumbered we are. BAD IDEA.

we have a one buck rule on our leased property... over 14" spread...  we have a good age class structure of bucks on the property.. its only 700 acres... which is small in the whitetail world. We do it to give the other hunters on the lease a chance at a good buck rather than have one or two guys taking a couple each.

(In Miss., ARs reduced the average rack size of 2.5+ bucks)

SteveB I noticed this on your post.. I search three different studies and not one of them had this conclusion.. in fact the opposite conclusion was what I saw in each study. Just wondered where you saw that statement?

im just saying im not an outlaw and i have a job that i love paying taxes for the idiots sitting on their ass collecting..... i hardly have time to fill my own tags... if your neighbor is being loud at night are you going to call the cops? if some one walks on your property you gonna have them arrested? in my opinion that the person who calls the cops on there neighbor honestly hes an idiot

Oh please, youre just trying to make excuses for breaking the law or saying that breaking the law is ok by you. People like yourself are the ones that ruin hunting for the rest of us that follow the rules. Who is the first hunter the anti points a finger at? The one that breaks the law. Who is the hunter that causes non hunting landowners to post up their property? The one that breaks the law. You and the other guy that said he would break the law by using his wife's tags in this thread are prime examples of the kind of people we do not need in this sport. If you were my neighbor, or I knew who you are and I knew you used your wifes tag, Id call the DEC on you at the drop of a hat.

I would buy the starting earlier...maybe a true primative season from sept 1 to Oct 16th...for all you stick hunters out there.....but the season after January 1 would be tough...bucks could hae dropped their horns and you do not want to shoot a doe in March or April. I saw a deer struck one time and the fetus was still moving although momma was near death. Made my skin crawl.

Now if I red the column right upstate is saying take a big fat doe.  Which if the father has a doe tag and signs it over it is legal right.  I know where some of you are coming from the ones that abide by the law seem to get taken advantage of.  We can't do anything about it right?

When I read it I didn't see where he mentioned using his father's DMP tag.  It sounded like he was going to have him get an archery license so he could use one archery antlerless tag and still hunt with the other.

"I was thinking about making my dad take his Bow certification so I could draw on a fat doe before the last couple days of bow to use my tag and still hunt legally.  As long as its tagged it looks pretty legal to me."