Be serious...

growalot

could it be a bobcat tail ? that black spot on the top of tail just looks to be a bobcats tail ?  just wondering  .

When I was messing with the colors on paint, it did seem to have similar markings of a bobcat...Tail is to long though, IMO.

was just thinking a lynx has a longer tail then a bobcat .  will never know what it is 

A bobcat typically has a longer tail than a Canadian Lynx. I think you picture you showed is some sort of Eurasian Lynx.  Lynx feet look like boxing gloves, they are huge. They also stand much higher off the ground than a Bobcat. I am 99.999999999% sure that it's not a Canadian Lynx.

post-871-0-28437500-1390495701_thumb.jpg

1) it's dark

2) the picture is not definitive

3) there is no physical evidence

4) there are varied opinions by people who are obviously experienced in the outdoors

5) you have no way to prove that your opinion is the right one beyond any doubt

How can you pass judgement on people given those conditions?  You could reasonably

say that you *think* it's an "xyz" but until you can prove it, which you obviously can't,

that position seems to be rather elitist.  

I'm not trying to start anything with anyone but sheesh....

+1

1) it's dark

4) there are varied opinions by people who are obviously experienced in the outdoors

How can you pass judgement on people given those conditions? You could reasonably

say that you *think* it's an "xyz" but until you can prove it, which you obviously can't,

+1 Edited by Red

1) it's dark

How can you pass judgement on people given those conditions?  You could reasonably

I feel pretty damn confident it is not a Canadian or Eurasian Lynx.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Lets try to be civil about this..

.I honestly can't truly figure out exactly what it is...that curl in the tail on the first one... then just a 1 sec. difference in time and position of tracks in the snow..makes me say same animal in 2nd pic...but to me it looks like a possible deer???  Obviously not...but long neck blurred pic dark spot could be a back hoof not the dark tail you see in first pic...longer looking snout...yet time and tracks tell you what?

I have enjoyed and appreciate ppls honest views on it....quality of pics and the fact snow covered the tracks and no scat to be found...and I looked every place down there...nothing..we will never REALLY know for sure...I do know that I could mistake many things with my eyes in the dark and no light..that's why I have bright head lamps and flash lights...and that during the twilight and day light...moving objects don't look like a water smudge on paper to me ..unlike the camera...so you'd be safe in my woods..

• Like 2

I feel pretty damn confident it is not a Canadian or Eurasian Lynx.

My statements had nothing to do with that observation. My point wastoward the attitude presented that some people here can't identify animals, period. Based on the pictures and evidence, or lack thereof, that seemed to be awfully self-centered and unjustifiable opinions.

well i am sorry for just trying to help  this group use to be a nice group . i think i will miss some of you   but others are just plain rude . bye to all that i was friends with . 

If that's directed toward me, I apologize if you interpreted my replies as being rude. That certainly was not the intent. I took exception to some statements made and laid out the facts to backup why I too exception to it. I don't consider that rude but if you do, I apologize.

Damn it!..Now I do not want anyone leave because of this post!...All I wanted was some honest serious ideas...cynthiaflu I thought you had some valid points and appreciated you posting comparison pics...as I stated lets be civil ...and I damn well mean from this point on!! or I'll just ask John to cut it off now...and please don't let one or two opinions cause you to leave I'd feel terrible...

• Like 1

I'll bow out but it would help if she would have identified exactly what she took exception to.  I still do not feel as if I was rude and if what I pointed out is considered rude on this group then I should just leave now. If someone states something I disagree with it seems fair game to have an open discussion about it. If that's too much for this group then I definitely do not belong here. 

I dont see anything wrong with anything that was stated here in. this is a topic in an open forum, people will say what they feel and some have called it how they see it. There is nothing in here that derails from forum rules what so ever... there is NO reason for anyone to get up tight about it. we all have the option to simply skip this topic, say what you feel and leave or anything in between. If members choose to debate about it so be it. 

non one here can control what the next member will say so if anyone thinks every topic is all butterflies and sunshine well then they haven't really jumped in to many topics. this is the off season for hunting, every thread that has a debatable topic will get many hits and posts, its nothing new here people.

could it be a bobcat tail ? that black spot on the top of tail just looks to be a bobcats tail ?  just wondering  .

OK I will settle this once and for all.  I was out walking and tripped over a log, silly me...  Well when I tripped over the log, (It was dark!)  a crazy doe jumped up 2 feet from me.  This doe ran faster than any deer I had ever seen!!!  She could have knocked me over, lucky for me I was still on the ground.  As she ran past me she almost ran over a bobcat and I saw 2 flashes and thought tail cam!  Sound good?

Last one is a fox.  The cat looks bigger because it is slightly closer to the cam.  What ever it is was, it was running away from a pissed off deer IMO. 

Please don't leave Cynthiafu.  We all have different opinions and tend to disagree, nothing wrong with a little debate. 

One thing is for sure the picture is distorted and pretty hard to say yote or cat with that blurred distorted image.  OK from now on I will not bring my cat out hunting with me... 

Hope this satisfies you all, now I am pissed off I can't bring my hunting cat in the woods for fear of being caught on cam!  lol

Hope this lightens your spirits!

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1

For sure its a yote

thats what i figured... i didnt have tongue in cheek my friend, perhaps you should look at post #24 i believe where i agreed with Doc on it being a yote also... lol

ive been saying its a Yote... but what evs :P

My statements had nothing to do with that observation. My point wastoward the attitude presented that some people here can't identify animals, period. Based on the pictures and evidence, or lack thereof, that seemed to be awfully self-centered and unjustifiable opinions.

I personally think that these pictures are very easy to put a positive I D on the animal. Ive seen some other trail cam pics that have had way worse images that its harder to tell, but these ones are easy. The tail looks the way it does because of the way the coyote is twisting as hes running away, most likely spooked by the sound or smell of the cam. Hes not squatting IMO. Both pics are blurry due to the movement. His tail is just not quite as bushy as some other yotes, they arent all exactly the same.

BTW cynthia, i wasnt talking about you, or even being serious.