Senator Nozzolio sponsors bill to repeal the safe act

header.png

Protecting our Second Amendment rights is a fundamental right that I take very seriously.  That is why I am sponsoring legislation, S.5626, which would repeal Governor Cuomo’s ill-conceived gun control law. 

The Governor's legislation violates the freedoms of law-abiding gun owners and it does nothing to stop criminals from gaining access to guns, or to prevent violent crimes in our community. You and I know that responsible, law-abiding firearms owners are not the cause of the problem and they should not be penalized. Your support of S.5626 will help me in my efforts to restore our constitutional Second Amendment rights.  

Channel News 10 ABC out of Rochester recently did a segment on the Webster Volunteer Fire Department, one year after the passage of  Governor Cuomo's gun legislation that I thought you might like to see.  Please click HERE to view this eye opening news story on the reaction of the Webster Volunteer Firefighters to the Governor's gun law.  

Albany Address:
503 State Capitol Building
Albany, New York 12247
518-455-2366

District Address:
119 Fall Street
Seneca Falls, New York 13148
315-568-9816

• Like 3

I wonder how many of the legislators who voted for that Safe Act have since had a change of heart now that they see that the bitter resentment over that vote has not died down. On the other side of the coin, I wonder how many of these spineless wimps are still terrified of Boss Cuomo and his power.

I wonder how many of the legislators who voted for that Safe Act have since had a change of heart now that they see that the bitter resentment over that vote has not died down. On the other side of the coin, I wonder how many of these spineless wimps are still terrified of Boss Cuomo and his power.

The answer to the first part of your question is none unless they are voted out of office.

The answer to the second part is all of them or they will be thrown out.

Have to give channel 10 kudos...this series that they have been doing has been honest and straight forward....I really haven't seen many that pulled punches when it came to whats really going on in NYS...I hope it just burns Cuomo every time he see's an episode...

PS....need to keep this thread up on top so ppl see the bill and #'s

I hope more New Yorkers contact those that represent them and ask them to support this bill.If enough people call ,write or e-mail and VOTE,changes can be made !  Ask your family, friends and neighbors to do the same. I am not going to let ignorant egotistical politicians re-write the second ammendment without my objecting to it.I hope all of you will do the same.

Senator Libious, who represents the district around Binghamton is a committee member who originally voted for the bill thereby contributing to it passing committee. However during the general vote he voted against it. Don't ask me if this is self serving and slippery, I do not know, but I don't like Tom Libious regardless of his position on gun control. He is one that should be ousted. Hopefully he is opposed in the election, because if they are running against themselves all you can do is vote for Ronald McDonald or Burger King...

FYI: Three of the biggest advocates of Dove hunting in NY, who had their dove proposals stalled by their peers in the environmental conservation committee, all voted against the safe act. Even before the dove bill, I found these three the most communicative and responsive where others just ignore you or give you lip service. Those three are Senator John DiFrancisco near Syracuse, Senator Patty Richie, near Oswego, and Assemblyman Bill Magee near the Rome - Oneida area.