Any T/C Venture owners... Help

CuseHunter

So I have all of the guns out today and cleaning them really well. Taking apart bolts and completely field stripping all the guns to clean them.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the bolt of the Venture? I'm stumped and can't find anything online. I want to get inside the carrier and firing pin to clean them good. I had a couple misfires in the season when it was near 0 degrees. I have a feeling it all gooped up in there.

As 88GW said soak it first in Kero. or Mineral Spirts,Overnight would be good.Strange the online manual does not say how to take the bolt apart.Do not use Brake Clean in an area that is not ventalated ,Bad for your health.Many auto mech. and weldors finding that out the hard way.

And in the manual as in most it said to Lightly Oil the parts on assembly.Hoppys gun oil works good.

try brake cleaner, it leaves no residue......kerosene will leave an oily residue behind, kind of what you're trying to avoid.
I ended up using the BrakeKleen, the stuff is tough on the lungs so I did it outside and wore two layers of gloves. It flushed out a ton of nasty black fluid. I need to try and get in there though and lube it up with some sewing machine oil though

Now that you think you have it cleaned try this,let it soak overnight in a pie pan or such covered with Kero. or Mineral Spirts, the next morning work it back an forth and watch what comes out.Breakclean just dries too fast to break everything up.That is how it was desighned to flush debries away and dry quick so the brake parts can be re assembled.The only good point is that it is under pressure to blow stuff away.

I would have soaked it with the above, then used it as a final flush then oil it.

Other the that how do you like the rifle there are a lot of people out there that are pleased with them.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that you think you have it cleaned try this,let it soak overnight in a pie pan or such covered with Kero. or Mineral Spirts, the next morning work it back an forth and watch what comes out.Breakclean just dries too fast to break everything up.That is how it was desighned to flush debries away and dry quick so the brake parts can be re assembled.The only good point is that it is under pressure to blow stuff away.

I would have soaked it with the above, then used it as a final flush then oil it.

Other the that how do you like the rifle there are a lot of people out there that are pleased with them.

I really like the gun. It shoots great groups with 150gr hornady ammo. About 1" at 150 yards 3 shot group. It didn't group well with 180gr fusion ammo or 180gr rem coreloks. It's light, durable, and has a smooth action. Next rifle I get though would be a tikka t3 or weatherby s2.