2022 - 2023 HuntingNY Predator kills thread

As with all thermals, what you see in the compressed video is nothing compared to what you see in the display.

I liked my Trijicon Reap IR pic, but didn't like feeding it CR123's and it didn't record.

The Halo X50 is awesome.

Best thing with both the Triji and Halo scopes, you don't need to focus.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2022 at 4:48 PM, Paula said:

That is nice shooting. I enjoy watching these. How far are you shooting in the woods?

Thanks.

I dropped dogs from 20 to 280 yards this fall.

I try to call them in as close as I can, but this scope and an accurate .243 rifle makes taking longer range shots easy.

SJC

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started off the new year hunting a new farm that's having some issues with coyote.

They lease their land to deer hunters, so we didn't get access till deer season ended and then we went to work.

The land borders the farm that I dropped the single coyote on 12/31.

The bright night started off slow with nothing answering our coyote calls or coming into the distress calls.

We didn't see a thing moving at all, so at midnight I decided to give my back a break and got up to glass the fields behind our stand.

I was going to suggest that we move to another stand location when my buddy whispers that there's two dogs coming in from our right side.

I get back to my rifle and hit record.

The wind picked up and started to swirl, so when they started to get antsy, we put the hammer down.

The 20 practical shooting the 40 grn Vmax does it's job.

52lb male and 35lb female.

My Halo was in the shop, so I was using my 20 cal backup rig with the AGM Adder scope.

It's always good to have a backup rig ready to go.

Just got my Halo back from repairs and will need to sight it in on the .243 and get to work.

SJC

1/8/23 Double

270415814_1823Double.thumb.jpg.bd99a44e1716450a431216559a83ddde.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Had something hit the bait piles last weekend after the storms, so although I was tired, I went out to see what might show up.

Had one come in downwind and spotted it through the branches trying to sneak away through a flooded field.

Took the shot and it ran a little before disappearing into the tall grass.

Didn't see anything moving afterwards but deer, so I went home.

1/28 Dog

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congrats, nothing like getting it done with a new gun. Interesting cartridge that 20-250, other than seeing a few articles written about it and some ballistic charts I don't know much about it but on paper it looks good. I have been considering a 204 Ruger barrel for an TC Encore to get my feet wet with a 20 cal.

Al

• Like 2