Good ole safe act

oblivitar

So 2 weeks ago i ordered a boyds thumbhole stock for my savage axis. They took the money out then put it back in then took it out again. a day ago the money was put back in and i was talking with a co-worker today about it and he told me that thumbhole stocks are now illegal in NY. So i looked it up and saw all the BS about your gun not have more than 2 (illegal) features otherwise you need to register it. I'm so tired of ny.......i mean really, me putting a thumbhole stock on a hunting rifle with a detachable mag makes my gun an "assault " weapon. Stuff like this makes me just wanna leave the state for good. AND i didn't even get an email or anything from boyds saying my order was cancelled.

Yeah.. you need to check that, because Im pretty sure the thumb hole B.S. does not apply to bolt guns. There are thumb hole bolts sitting on gun store  selves  right now in NY . But I have heard that a lot of companies are saying "F.U." to New york and LIL King Andy, since the SAFE ACT travesty. It might just be their policy.i

Edited by ants

Bolt guns, break action, pump guns can have pistol grip stocks on them if you want. Only applies to semi auto rifles with a detachable mag. In the case of shotguns, you dont even have to have a detachable mag, just semi auto with a pistol grip or thumbhole stock and its illegal.

Bolt guns, break action, pump guns can have pistol grip stocks on them if you want. Only applies to semi auto rifles with a detachable mag. In the case of shotguns, you dont even have to have a detachable mag, just semi auto with a pistol grip or thumbhole stock and its illegal.

Actually a pistol grip on a semi shotgun is fine but a thumbhole, on the same shotgun is illegal. Thats how much of a joke this law is.

Actually a pistol grip on a semi shotgun is fine but a thumbhole, on the same shotgun is illegal. Thats how much of a joke this law is.

Ha. I thought the pistol grip stocks were a no-no as well. Sure enough, just thumbhole, folding or adjustable stocks. I just had an idea for my next gun purchase....

• Like 1