Gun value

does anyone know of any reliable online resources for determining a guns value, or is getting a blue book of gun values my best bet?

You can get a ton of info. from Gubroker but you must join.  It is of course free and the resource is invaluable, IMO.

Once you join you can go to "completed auctions" and see WTH the scoop is.

Do you want to offer up what the gun is in question?

You can get a ton of info. from Gubroker but you must join.  It is of course free and the resource is invaluable, IMO.

Once you join you can go to "completed auctions" and see WTH the scoop is.

Do you want to offer up what the gun is in question?

Ruger No. 1 in .243 that I would say is in 90% or better condition.....4 digit serial #, red butt pad and pre-warning.....I'm told those add value.

Is it a full stock, International?  Either one is a cool gun..........

not a full stock international, not sure what it would be considered....I have to do more research., I'm going to call Ruger next week and see what info they can give me.

Edited by jjb4900

yeah, it really is a nice gun, and accurate as can be.....that's why I'm trying to find out what it's really worth to someone who appreciates what it is, I will only sell it for top dollar, I inherited it and it cost me nothing, that's why I'll hang onto it unless I get a good offer. It was used once for hunting in Africa by a relative who went on a Safari back in the late 60's, he bought that and a .300 Weatherby magnum just to go, the .243 was used for smaller game and the .300 for the bigger stuff.

It's not a varmint and doesn't have a beaver tail forend.

You need to figure out if it's a number one or three.

definitely a No. 1, that's stamped on top of the receiver......I've brought it to a few gunshops, but don't really trust them, seems they get the impression I'm looking to dump it for a quick buck and kinda lowball me on it's value.

Edited by jjb4900