Mathews Chill R

rotorooter23

Before you settle on a new bow, I suggest shooting an Elite Energy 32 and 35. 

I fell in love with them both when I was choosing a new bow to get (after using the same bow for 8 or 9 years).  I ended up going with the E32 for a little more speed and a little more maneuverability.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

The guys an idiot! Now I know why you pro- crossbow guys spend days on end arguing with him.

Seriously getting worked up. Why is it such a big deal to you; are you new to the internet? You still haven't answered my question. Fwiw, my original post was to bowtoons and wasn't even directed at you. He had some stuff to say about Mathews and I chimed in to give my opinion of them. That's how forums work. People disagree and the OP gets to see both sides. Nothing to get all junior high over brah. I wasn't checkin yo girl out ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Belo

Seriously getting worked up. Why is it such a big deal to you; are you new to the internet? You still haven't answered my question. Fwiw, my original post was to bowtoons and wasn't even directed at you. He had some stuff to say about Mathews and I chimed in to give my opinion of them. That's how forums work. People disagree and the OP gets to see both sides. Nothing to get all junior high over brah. I wasn't checkin yo girl out ;) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You still haven't answered my questions either Mr. know it all.

Seriously getting worked up. Why is it such a big deal to you; are you new to the internet? You still haven't answered my question. Fwiw, my original post was to bowtoons and wasn't even directed at you. He had some stuff to say about Mathews and I chimed in to give my opinion of them. That's how forums work. People disagree and the OP gets to see both sides. Nothing to get all junior high over brah. I wasn't checkin yo girl out ;) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all, the reason I'm "getting all worked up" is because of your wise ass comments to me and others. I'm sure you wouldn't say that crap to my face. Secondly, I'm not your brah. Go back to the ghetto!

First of all, the reason I'm "getting all worked up" is because of your wise ass comments to me and others. I'm sure you wouldn't say that crap to my face. Secondly, I'm not your brah. Go back to the ghetto!

Come on homie. Let's meet up by the playground at midnight. Or are ya yella?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some of this stuff really comes off as comical. I look at my wall full of bows that I have accumulated over the decades, and am still reminded that more deer were taken with that old 196? Bear Whitetail than any of the other super-expensive bows hanging there. Of course I did keep that one in use longer than any of the others. Remember that old 6-wheeler that had the epoxy limbs that you could use as a crowbar if you had to. Amazing how even that old slow clunky bow would send an arrow through a deer just like my fancy expensive Mathews does today. I suppose that if I hadn't have gotten involved in tournament shooting I probably would still be killing deer with that old thing. But I eventually got caught up in that trap of trying to "buy" accuracy....lol. I certainly have slowed down on that attitude lately.

Im with Doc a old fart likes me has a wall of bows and keeps giving them away to start new archers out. But some of the old one's that are 8 years old still I take a walk in the woods with me. Why they are slow, look not that great in the finish, are setup with WB rest, but shoot were I look so that why for me they still work great. It what you the archer like.My buddy John has unlimited $$$ and has to have a new bow each year, and it has to have all the new sight, bells on it, but it sure does not shoot any better score wise than my 7 year bowtect commander when we are at the 3D shoots.

• Like 1

Some of this stuff really comes off as comical. I look at my wall full of bows that I have accumulated over the decades, and am still reminded that more deer were taken with that old 196? Bear Whitetail than any of the other super-expensive bows hanging there. Of course I did keep that one in use longer than any of the others. Remember that old 6-wheeler that had the epoxy limbs that you could use as a crowbar if you had to. Amazing how even that old slow clunky bow would send an arrow through a deer just like my fancy expensive Mathews does today. I suppose that if I hadn't have gotten involved in tournament shooting I probably would still be killing deer with that old thing. But I eventually got caught up in that trap of trying to "buy" accuracy....lol. I certainly have slowed down on that attitude lately.

Many deer

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/17244-some-old-compounds/

Aside from all the BS that this thread went into, I was in the market for a new bow this year too.

I went to my local shop, looked at and shot a bunch and narrowed it down to the following (in no order)......FOR ME:

Mathews Chill R

Elite Energy 32

Hoyt Faktor

Prime Alloy

I heard good things about the Prime Alloy, but my local shop had one that was 3" longer than my normal draw, so I didn't give it a good look in  the first round. I went on their website and there was a place where you could request to have one sent, with my specs, to my local shop. I filled out the form and it was there in less than two weeks.

Again, all of the ones I mentioned above were nice shooting bows that I would have been happy with for many years, but I ended up going with the Prime Alloy. It was a toss up between the Prime and the Chill R, but i kept going back to the Prime and just loved the balance on it.

BTW, I have shot a Mathews Swithchback XT for the past 10 years and I kept an open mind when deciding, but I am keeping it as my back up.

Edited by Birdhunter
  • Like 1

Aside from all the BS that this tread went into, I was in the market for a new bow this year too.

I went to my local shop, looked at and shot a bunch and narrowed it down to the following (in no order)......FOR ME:

Mathews Chill R

Elite Energy 32

Hoyt Faktor

Prime Alloy

I heard good things about the Prime Alloy, but my local shop had one that was 3" longer than my normal draw, so I didn't give it a good look in  the first round. I went on their website and there was a place where you could request to have one sent, with my specs, to my local shop. I filled out the form and it was there in less than two weeks.

Again, all of the ones I mentioned above were nice shooting bows that I would have been happy with for many years, but I ended up going with the Prime Alloy. It was a toss up between the Prime and the Chill R, but i kept going back to the Prime and just loved the balance on it.

BTW, I have shot a Mathews Swithchback XT for the past 10 years and I kept an open mind when deciding, but I am keeping it as my back up.

I'm not that big of a fan of limb stops (personal preference), but I can tell you that the primes are a dream to tune.

Im with Doc a old fart likes me has a wall of bows and keeps giving them away to start new archers out. But some of the old one's that are 8 years old still I take a walk in the woods with me. Why they are slow, look not that great in the finish, are setup with WB rest, but shoot were I look so that why for me they still work great. It what you the archer like.My buddy John has unlimited $$$ and has to have a new bow each year, and it has to have all the new sight, bells on it, but it sure does not shoot any better score wise than my 7 year bowtect commander when we are at the 3D shoots.

that's what I'm talking about!  good man.  I think I've given away half of mine.  I've still got half a dozen hanging now and I think that's my wife's threshold. lol  I've learned that if you're patient and don't need the baddest newest thing out, they depreciate worse than cars.  Unless I've got one showing up in a factory box at my doorstep I'd just assume you'd be better off buying a new leftover off ebay or something for an upgrade or buying one at a good shop if you're newer or haven't kept up with what's out on the market.

I'm not that big of a fan of limb stops (personal preference), but I can tell you that the primes are a dream to tune.

they've got one heck of a riser that's for sure.  haven't messed with enough twin track cams to tell if they really eliminate issues of cam lean , horizontal nock travel, etc.

that's what I'm talking about! good man. I think I've given away half of mine. I've still got half a dozen hanging now and I think that's my wife's threshold. lol I've learned that if you're patient and don't need the baddest newest thing out, they depreciate worse than cars. Unless I've got one showing up in a factory box at my doorstep I'd just assume you'd be better off buying a new leftover off ebay or something for an upgrade or buying one at a good shop if you're newer or haven't kept up with what's out on the market.

Bought my switchback off eBay 2 years old. If you know the bow you want it's a good way to save some money. Don't k around your local shop. Get your accessories and tuning done their.

Edited by WNYBuckHunter