Gun buy back

hunter49

Those buy backs are nothing but window dressing. Not one criminal will turn in their illegal guns but the spin will be "the guns that were collected are that many less guns that can find there way into the hands of criminals" All B.S.

Last one they had around here they were giving $50 for a long gun and $100 for a handgun. No pellet or BB guns. It would turn your stomach to see some of the vintage guns that little old ladies were turning in for peanuts, so that they could be destroyed for the sake of a big publicity stunt. Their late husbands must have been tuning in their graves.

They just had one in westchester.

White Plains officials say 94 guns were turned in over the course of three hours during a gun buyback Saturday.

Fifty four of the weapons turned in were handguns.

People who turned in guns received $25 for antique or non-working guns, $50 for rifles or shotguns, $75 for handguns and $100 for assault weapons.

The buyback was part of a statewide program sponsored by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just had one in westchester. White Plains officials say 94 guns were turned in over the course of three hours during a gun buyback Saturday. Fifty four of the weapons turned in were handguns. People who turned in guns received $25 for antique or non-working guns, $50 for rifles or shotguns, $75 for handguns and $100 for assault weapons. The buyback was part of a statewide program sponsored by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine how safe Westchester is now that they have disarmed all the criminals ..... ha-ha. I had an old 20 gauge that I would have gladly handed in for $25. Of course the barrel was a little more suited for shooting around corners.

Last one they had around here they were giving $50 for a long gun and $100 for a handgun. No pellet or BB guns. It would turn your stomach to see some of the vintage guns that little old ladies were turning in for peanuts, so that they could be destroyed for the sake of a big publicity stunt. Their late husbands must have been tuning in their graves.

the 100% legal guns that are surrendered to police every year for nothing just because the owner doesn't want them anymore would make gun enthusiasts vomit, it doesn't even have to be a buyback...........I've had a first hand glance at guns shoved in 55 gallon drums awaiting destruction, sad to say the least.

the 100% legal guns that are surrendered to police every year for nothing just because the owner doesn't want them anymore would make gun enthusiasts vomit, it doesn't even have to be a buyback...........I've had a first hand glance at guns shoved in 55 gallon drums awaiting destruction, sad to say the least.

Me too. Old pre-pre 64 Winchesters, Savage 99's, 1911's,  Colt revolvers…etc. A lot of them in the original boxes. There is a lot of junk too, don't get me wrong, but  some of the stuff turned in is just unreal. I remember seeing one old lady turn in two old Winchester double barrel shotguns. They were like new. She was so happy to get her $100 that she almost cried.  I think I did cry.