Can I ship ammo out of state?

I didn't find much help when I checked that out......pretty much just covered business sales of ammo, unless I missed it.

Same thing I saw.Doesnt really state what a private person can do.I will be stopping by the UPS main branch later today to ask them and let you all know.

UPS will ship ammo for you from one of their HUB locations, (not a UPS store) as long as it's in a box labeled:

"ORM-D Small Arms Ammunition"  and declared as such when you ship it.

The SAFE Act didn't address anything about shipping ammo OUT of NY.  I would assume they want ALL ammo shipped OUT of NY.

The Safe Act Ammo provision states that it covers COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS ONLY.  It only effects licensed sellers of ammo.

it would be nice to have them say there is no restriction on transfer of ammo between private parties...........I was wondering at what point do they consider you a "seller" of ammo?

Seems to me that the 'law' is Intentionally vague in its wording, probably hoping to scare people away from doing anything regarding ammo. Comply with the shipper's regulations and don't worry about it, IMO.

I haven't found anyone who actually knows what the current law is, including attorneys, LEO's, and politicians. If anyone has a definitive answer, I'd love to hear it. 'Open to interpretation' has been the most common response that I've heard.

That 'message of necessity' gets thinner and weaker every day, doesn't it?

Seems to me that the 'law' is Intentionally vague in its wording, probably hoping to scare people away from doing anything regarding ammo. Comply with the shipper's regulations and don't worry about it, IMO.

I haven't found anyone who actually knows what the current law is, including attorneys, LEO's, and politicians. If anyone has a definitive answer, I'd love to hear it. 'Open to interpretation' has been the most common response that I've heard.

That 'message of necessity' gets thinner and weaker every day, doesn't it?

"we need this right away" yet most provisions have been delayed in the roll out