another question in my li quest

cbx46

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some guys were just never taught RIGHT from the beginning of their  hunting endeavor. Its sad to see... I truly believe when these things  are taken away from us we can thank guys like this. i can hoestly see a  sign in the woods and stay the heck out, its not mine why should i go  in there. it seems to be quit common to see guys willing to break the  law or rules to chase a set of horns. ive heard of guys doing some crazy things because they know a big one walks an area.

But it doesn't matter how much you preach to guys like this unless caught they will not stop. i want to see him get caught on private land and tell them its perfectly legal for him to be there since its not posted.

I don't know if all this animosity is directed towards me or not, but....

Let's be clear.  I have permission to hunt the properties I hunt....including the unposted one.

I do not condone anyone hunting on property they do not have permission to hunt, whether it is posted or un posted.

That said....I am merely telling you what the law is.  No need to shoot the messenger.

This is why peope started posting their properties in the late 70's and eighty's. Most landowners are not deer natzi's they just want to know who is on their property. Gates left open,trash left around, unsporting hunters leaving game, taking errant shots, arguing with the owner(s). this is the largest complaint about hunting ACCESS TO LAND it started with the its not posted so i can hunt... guess what now its posted! A little work to find out the owner and ask would of gone a long way back then..and we're paying for it now. and will continue to do so as long as the attitude of its not posted we can hunt still persists(even if it legal to do so). I've never seen unposted land remain that way as all it takes is one person to tic off the owner and its gone(maybe forever) . Maybe the owner would allow hunting anyother time,but that the one day he/she was goint to take out a child for the first time, but they run into well its not posted(hunters)... so guess what now its posted.

i cant believe some guys try to justify that outlook... if its not yours and you have a question whether or not it is state land or private stay the hell off and do your homework on that piece. Find out who owns it and ask permission. you might just get that YES your looking for and now your in there legally and in the clear. Sneaking around in there and getting caught on trail cams or in person ruins it for all of us, we will all pay in the future one way or another, including the guys causing the grief. So just think about what your doing and be conscientious of the land your hunting and your fellow and future hunters things like this may impact.

especially on LI, these tree huggers are just looking for every little thing to come down on and blame hunters for so DO NOT give them ammunition to do so.

Seriously, I think people have the mistaken idea that the trespass law was written this way unintentionally. I do not think of this as a loophole or a mistake when writing the code. I believe the persons writing the law fully intended for people to be able to use unposted land.

I think they feared large parcels of land being bought up by individuals or corporations and the common man not having access to it. Plenty of people held and hold the belief that the earth is possessed jointly by all and held in trust for our children until they own it etc. Of course we cant just say that no one can own any part of the earth because it would impede economic development. Who would invest in factories etc. if they didn't own the property it was on.

So we have a compromise. Land that is posted it is assumed a person has an active interest in using. That which is not posted it may be assumed there is a lack of interest in actively using. Reading what the framers of the US constitution believed about land ownership has been eye opening. It would be hard to understand the intent of the law without some background.

Fin, many of their thoughts can be found on "the evil googler"(hope you have a sense of humor)

And if the trespassing law gets your panties in a bunch, may I suggest you look up The Law of Adverse Possession!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow....I now do not feel bad about how negative I am on these type of guys....I read all of this...and I'm not going back through ..but one of them clearly stated...You can't see the signs from INSIDE the property....That right there says it all....Who are they...to deem whether a property is "undeveloped"....sign or not...with QDM....and ppl wanting low impact hunting ...of their OWN land ...it could be a sanctuary...But here is some thing these guys haven't considered....A legal notice in a local news paper ...stating the owner and the land description with a clear statement of NO Hunting nor trespassing for ANY reason will result in prosecution..trumps his no sign mentality ....seriuosly...my detective brother ??? ::(

So I see that my feeling all EO's should have to go to the SAME centralized school is justified..... for that stuff just wouldn't fly up here...for even if a property had a culvert pipe installed ...that's land improvement period.

Wow just Wow...I was waiting for the ..."I've hunted that land all my life...who the hell do they think they are" bomb to drop next ...sad...sad..sad