Another School Shooting

And the last step will be on your neck.  The government is not your friend.  The goal is complete control.  Too bad too many are blind to it.

post-177-0-49307000-1402448514_thumb.jpg

Did you even bother to read the attachment?

Try this one, especially fable #3

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2006/fables,-myths-other-tall-tales.aspx

Edited by Mr VJP

Is there an increase in school shootings or does it seem to be more only because there is better media coverage?  IF there are an increase in school shootings (and other mental health attacks) then is it purely coincidental that it is occurring under Obama's leadership?

Wow, Elmo.  Really?  Blaming the President for the actions of criminals?  Then again, a whole bunch of you guys suddenly did go nuts when he got elected.  So, maybe you've got a point.

I'm not pointing a hard finger.  I'm just looking at the coincidental numbers and going "hmmm...wait...could it?"

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Not a good article.  Bad for 2nd Amendment rights.  Don't be fooled, get the facts.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2014/5/chair-of-federal-gun-violence-prevention-task-force-introduces-wide-ranging-gun-control-bill.aspx

You have a point about the proposed bill.

What gets me most - and when you know it is an "agenda" driven statement - is the use of the term "gun violence."  If they removed the word "gun" from the sentence, it would make more sense to me.

I am for the reduction of ALL violence. I have a problem understanding what "gun" violence is since I have never seen a gun become violent. Any I have seen just sit there minding their own business until someone picks it up.

I can support fixing NICS so it works as intended. I can support a prohibition on felons and truly disturbed people having access to guns. I can't support politicians and appointed bureaucrats denying "regular" people access to guns for arbitrary reasons and without due process.

It is also annoying when people misrepresent the facts, even through omission.

It sound good when you talk about a bill that will "prohibit the mentally disturbed" from passing a NICS check. It becomes disingenuous when they fail to mention the details and/or other provisions in the same bill which don't sound so good.

By that logic, you could argue the safe act is a good thing, as it increases penalties for illegal possession. What that would fail to mention is that it also makes several commonly owned rifles illegal and has many other provisions which restrict the rights of legal gun owners.

I am so sick of politicians and the talking points they train people to use in the media. Worse is that the media prints/shows these things as-is and never questions or clarifies the facts. Not too long ago there was some integrity in journalism and reporters actually did some real research to find and expose the facts. The Op-Ed stuff was reserved for a particular section and labeled as such.

Edited by jrm

It is under the graphic in the linked article:

"Shootings at K-12 schools in red, at colleges/universities in purple."

Should have put my glasses on ...lol. Thanks.

I was hoping it set apart the incidents that started on the streets and progressed into areas like school ground. They make it sound like there were that many "Sandyhook" style shootings. There weren't

Really? Seems many come here for procedures. May be the most expensive but very very far from the worst.

Sorry, that's what I meant.  In other countries, people go in over the smallest of problems and that includes mental health.  In the US, unless you have a top rate insurance or you're wealthy, you won't go in until the bone is sticking out.

It gets even more interesting when you actually talk to some of the people who have to live under the healthcare systems of other countries. Check out some of the waiting times to get simple procedures performed. Studies and surveys are great, but if you want the straight scoop, just converse with some of the people from countries that claim to have a superior healthcare system.