He's Baaaaack

Bone Seeker

This is the 4th year in a row I have this deer on camera. Hes at least a 5.5 years old I would say now. Last year on the second day of the season he walked out of the woods, looked right up at me as if someone told him I was there, then bobbed his head once and walked right back where he came from. Problem was...I was caught sitting down and couldn't move. I figured I wouldn't push it ,being it was only the second day of Bow season.

Well....I never saw him again till right now back on the camera. last year I told my friend Ill get a chance at him the first week....or in the rut. I was right.  I guess Il say it again...I either get him early, or the rut. The rest hes too smart for.

This is his best rack yet. Its always been a nice 8 pointer, but its now a lot wider. The last picture is from last year.

post-5017-0-98293700-1405024110_thumb.jp

post-5017-0-35332500-1405024184_thumb.jp

post-5017-0-63972800-1405024419_thumb.jp

• Like 2

First of all, this is in New Hampshire. Its a Big and J block, and I know its the same deer because of the hundreds of pics I have of him. His rack will have a small kicker off the G2 on the right. I found one of his sheds 2 seasons ago. The one with the same kicker as last year. Its him. Look at that sag of the back.

Very very cool!  Good luck with him and try to keep your trail cams above 6ft or higher if possible.  They are not as spooked when the light comes from above.  Personally I would not risk spooking him with trail cams but that's up to you.  Again good luck he is a true survivor and monarch of the woods that's for sure!

Check out this video, very informative about trail cams and proper set up.  Hope to see you with him this year, again good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQUSR5BdIk&feature=kp

UPDATE  Pics from this week of 'My Boy".  Finally got the right feed block in the woods, I had 430 pics in 6 days. A few smaller bucks, and a few does. But its this guy that Im after.  Got some daytime pics this week. The tines are growing and hes a few inches wider than last year.  I took the advice of NFA-ADK and watched the video. Today I put the camera up to 7 feet and put it on video for the week. Im gonna do like last year, try to only change chips once a week to try and stay out of there.   Enjoy.

post-5017-0-77816400-1405720937_thumb.jp

post-5017-0-25297600-1405720973_thumb.jp

post-5017-0-68267900-1405721021_thumb.jp

post-5017-0-08916900-1405721085_thumb.jp

• Like 1