Pro Shop near Rochester-First Bow-need help

Dr Ignominious Death

Hey guys,

Q: Does anyone have any recommendations for a shop that will help me get situated with my new compound bow (mechanics, measurements, arrows length, best grip and mechanics) near the Rochester area? I'm willing to drive for good quality help. 

I haven't used a bow since boy scouts and before I learn any bad habits, I would like to try and learn the "right" way to do things.  I have searched places on the internet and they really don't have any helpful reviews. Some of the Pro shop threads have had some good info, ie which to avoid (E Henrietta), I just wanted to tap the brain trust first. Thanks for any recommendations.

Derek

Just not Gander Mnt...I like it for the free stuff..but dang both the gun and bow for work or expertise...no way unless they have all new ppl than what I've dealt with.

Traditions Achery on E Henrietta rd ...have been good for me...they sell Mathews and Mission bows and you can shoot right there...Don't let the Mathews name scare you off if $$$ is an issue...they make mission bows and it's lower end price but great bows I own a Venture and love it..

By far the best pro shop in the Rochester area is Heritage archery in Phelps Ny.Well worth the short drive.

My youngest son went to Traditions Archery in Henrietta and didn't like it . My son works in Henrietta but wouldn't shop at Traditions .

He went to Heritage Archery in Phelps and bought a Matthews bow with all the trimmings . He likes their service and was quite happy with them .

Some of the small shops have closed up which is quite a shame . I had taken one of my bows to Trophy Taker Archery . Dave did a great job and was reasonably priced with his work . He closed shop .

I went to a bow shop in Williamson and would never go back there again !

Has anyone had any experience with the Bow Shop in Bloomfield ?

If you don't mind driving a couple hours , Mike Reagan at Belmont Archery has always been good to me. He gives excellent service , he has about 38 years in Archery sales and service. Call him at 585-973-7312. Good Luck !     :bye:

My youngest son went to Traditions Archery in Henrietta and didn't like it . My son works in Henrietta but wouldn't shop at Traditions .

He went to Heritage Archery in Phelps and bought a Matthews bow with all the trimmings . He likes their service and was quite happy with them .

Some of the small shops have closed up which is quite a shame . I had taken one of my bows to Trophy Taker Archery . Dave did a great job and was reasonably priced with his work . He closed shop .

I went to a bow shop in Williamson and would never go back there again !

Has anyone had any experience with the Bow Shop in Bloomfield ?

Hey fasteddie,who are youThis is Dave from TTA.I miss having the shop,but things in my life changed and with elderly parents and getting older myself I just didn't have enough time to devote to my customers as I would have liked.Btw,getting hitched this Friday.

I live in Newark and work in Henrietta.  I went to Heritage first, and was really not happy with the results.  As a first time bow buyer I had a lot of basic questions, but the gentleman behind the counter just acted like he didn't have time for me. (There was no one else in the shop at the time) Maybe it was just an off-day for him, but he was not helpful at all.  It was an awkward conversation and I felt like I needed to have walked in with either a lot of experience or a lot of money.

I went to Traditions the next week and spent about an hour getting help and advice.  I bought a Mission from them and they took the time to help me get all set up.  The owner then spent a half hour with me on their range helping me work on my form and sighting in.  The place was pretty busy, but he still took the time and basically gave me 100% of his attention.

Not sure why they have a bad rep here, but I would go back to Traditions in a heartbeat.