hunting without a truck how do you transport your deer

Chef

On a hot sunny day, with hot exhaust,  I wouldn't use the hitch platform.

Last time,   I used a 6' long plastic Christmas tree tote.     It was a smoking hot day.    I had it in my suburban loaded with ice.     If the ticks bail,  they land in the plastic tote.

Ever since I got rid of the Caprice Classic with the stripped out trunk, boy you could stack em up in there.I built the deer hauler out of one inch and one by two inch galvinized. this year I added a ramp out of 3/4 inch presser treated

deer 6.jpg

• Like 3

was hunting in lewis county years ago and a guy came out with a 4 point on his trunk and a bear on his hood!!  he was cleaning the deer and a bear came walking thru.  It was a little car like a camry and was on a sand dirt road and that car mustve been bottomed out.  Had to stop to talk to him for sure, he had one hell of a day.  Offered to help him and take one to his house but he said he was only like 10 minutes away and thought he would be ok.  

13 hours ago, zeus1gdsm said:

With the SUV I threw em on the roof rack and ratcheted down..

Well it died..

This year it's going on the front of the Pontiac g6 hood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You better take a picture and post I want to see this. You could always run the ratchet strap around the deer and through the door openings. Just make sure you have the doors open when you do or you will be getting in and out Dukes of Hazard style.

Edited by chas0218