Is Cuomo running unopposed?

According to the polls, currently Cuomo is ahead by at least 25 percentage points.

I don't think that says anything bad about Astorino.  I think it says a lot about the electorate in NY State.

Ya can't fix stupid.

That is the problem. We live in a state that has more people voting that are happy with Dandy Andy than not. For as long as I have been alive this state has almost always voted in someone I did not vote for and most likely you as well. Too many Democratic NYC folks.

If Astorino wants to win he needs to find another state or hope Andy gets hit by a bus.

Hey we figured out how to put that Clinton dip in office and she was not even a resident!! lol

I think Cuomo was vulnerable if a credible candidate was put forward, and a serious campaign were to be launched by the candidate and his party. Gun owners are not in the majority, but they are a fairly single-minded voting block. There are other Cuomo enemies besides us. Even his Liberal buddies are a little put out with him. With enough fracturing of his base, and enough organization of the anti-Cuomo forces (all of them, not just gun owners), and a true sincere campaign effort along with aggressive support of the Republican and Conservative Parties, The guy may not have been easy pickins, but definitely not unbeatable.

and a true sincere campaign effort along with aggressive support of the Republican and Conservative Parties, The guy may not have been easy pickins, but definitely not unbeatable.

The Republican party in NYS is broken. They can't find their a$$ with both hands.

I have lived downstate NY my entire life. Growing up I met many of the big-wigs in the party (through my mom who was involved on a local level). People like Al D'Amato when he was "up and coming." These folks were the picture of a "good 'ole boys" network. The half of them that didn't get indicted went on to run Nassau County for years. They couldn't lose an election... until they brought Nassau to the brink of bankruptcy though mismanagement and patronage.

But they never learned their lesson. They still try to play the "good 'ole boys" game. They have no clue and no desire to make anything work right, no less get a governor elected. They sit around with their thumbs up their butts and only care that their half-wit brother Harry retains his job as Park Commissioner or their mistress still has that six-figure job in the County Office.

Granted, the Dems do the same thing. It is just their turn to be in charge down here. It has nothing to do with beliefs, politics or convictions - they all vote the same way. I know there are a few different types in some upstate areas, and that is good. But downstate, there are no "republicans" in the real sense. We really need a new party that actually represents the voters and not just their "buddies" and the patronage jobs they provide.

It is disgusting that the RNC isn't giving Astorino more support. He does have a chance. I believe that in NYS at the least, the RNC is bought and sold. In their minds, they are happy to have Cuomo stay in power to keep the status quo in their own corrupt fiefdoms.

• Like 2

I think Cuomo was vulnerable if a credible candidate was put forward, and a serious campaign were to be launched by the candidate and his party. Gun owners are not in the majority, but they are a fairly single-minded voting block. There are other Cuomo enemies besides us. Even his Liberal buddies are a little put out with him. With enough fracturing of his base, and enough organization of the anti-Cuomo forces (all of them, not just gun owners), and a true sincere campaign effort along with aggressive support of the Republican and Conservative Parties, The guy may not have been easy pickins, but definitely not unbeatable.

And not all gun owners think what he is doing is a bad thing. Many still believe he will never come after their hunting guns or ammo. I know a few of those myself!  He will be voted back in by the elderly and the city!

In their minds, they are happy to have Cuomo stay in power to keep the status quo in their own corrupt fiefdoms.

This statement may very well be the crux of the whole problem. That is exactly the way it all seems ..... like they are not really even trying to defeat this guy. They put up a weak candidate and then withhold all support. What other conclusions are you supposed to draw?

This statement may very well be the crux of the whole problem. That is exactly the way it all seems ..... like they are not really even trying to defeat this guy. They put up a weak candidate and then withhold all support. What other conclusions are you supposed to draw?

Maybe that 3/4 of Ny is happy with his job. Besides gun owners and we make up the little 1/4.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for word one from the Republican party campaign. It appears that the concession is being delivered without the election. Too bad for gunners. We had an awful lot at stake that could have been corrected.

My gosh, do I sound bitter? I suppose I am. Seeing that puke-face Cuomo in a constant nightly fashion, blatantly spewing his crap out there in an undisputed fashion seems a lot like he is rubbing our noses in it. Worse this year than I have ever seen it before.

bubba, you've had a lot of good posts in this thread.

Rob can't spend like Cuomo and as such has to wait to start his tv campaign. however I think that will be a good thing ultimately as like you said, people remember what they see last. Rob's platform isn't about guns either although he has stated many times that he opposes the Safe Act and will do what he can to try and get it repealed. There's also common core, and his plan to eliminate corruption by enacting term limits for every politician and stripping those convicted of corruption of their public pensions among other things. It shocks me this many gun owners still have no clue at this stage in the game.

Contact your local GOP office and get some yard signs, donate to his campaign, like his facebook posts. Do SOMETHING.

Plus the other point to remember there was a Democratic primary yesterday. Even though the chances were slim Cuomo could have been knocked out of the race. Why waste time money and effort on Cuomo if he may of not even been running.

Really? Are you delusional ? Are you really trying to say the lack advertising is strategic and not money driven? Where do you come up with this crap.