Fall Food Plot

Never got time to get any spring plots in, thinking about doing a fall now but I have some questions. I have/can get the equipment, that's no problem. The plot size would be 1-1.5 acres and right now I'm thinking a brassica/radish/clover mix like Biologic Winter Grass Plus or similar. Looking to give them something for the later season and through the winter. Any other recommendations on a seed plant?

My biggest concern right now is not having time to get a soil test done. They take at least a week probably closer to two through the cooperative extension.

Zag I felt the same way got the ttt in and wg 8-12 they looked good after 19 days will see . winter wheat will come up fast and you won't lose the ground for next year. ( aka soil prep ) Biologic ehh think about something else . 

Edited by Sparke2

September in New York is too late for brassicas/radishes .. sorry. but oats and wheat are ideal to plant right now. A forage oat will get extremely sweet, once a few good frosts set in. And the deer will devour them! atleast they do at my place.

In January, I actually pulled out a handful of the oats i planted, to taste them myself out of curiosity and couldnt believe how sweet they were to taste!!

Tis the reason I plant them every year!