Gun Powder

fasteddie

I had been shopping around for some RL19 gun powder . I bought a pound today for $67.98 ( $73.43 with tax ) . I hadn't bought any in several years . The last time I bought any was for less than $30 for a pound . Supply and Demand sucks !

Probably right Rob, we will never see prices on reloading supplies a whole lot lower. The one thing that I find to be in short supply from my main vendors is large rifle primers, they can be found on the gun auction site for ridiculous prices. Small rifle primers seem to be readily available.

Powder supplies have become better with the outfits I do business with, prices while not low are quite a bit better than what Eddie paid. I have been making a concerted effort to buy versatile powders that can be used for good performing loads in multiple cartridges. I also buy in multiples as it cuts down on the hazmat fee.

Alliant powders have been impossible to find.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I bought a bunch after 2013 safe act. There was a guy at the Syracuse show selling winchester primers for $30/k. I dont shoot as much as I use to but I am still well stocked. I have a family member that travels south and he picks me up stuff from time to time. Seems the southern states don't have the problems we do in NY.

I use to buy most of my reloading supplies from Beikirch's in East Rochester . It's hard to find a shop that sells powder , primers and bullets at any where reasonable . Stores with anything less in price are usually sold out . Hey , it's only money .

Most of my supplies are purchased online, as for now this stuff can still be shipped to my door. For me it has been the best way to go because there are few and far between shops that carry good inventory for reloading. Midway USA, Powder Valley, Midsouth, Ballistic Products are some of the vendors I use, I will usually buy when they have special deals where savings are substantial.

Al

I purchase most of my reloading components on line . I don't buy gun powder as I don't want to pay the Hasmat (sp) fees to have it shipped . I just bought some Speer 270 cal 130 gr STBT's on line for a reasonable price and couldn't get them locally .