PROBLEM WITH SOME DMP'S

Larry

Hey guys there's something you all need to be aware of with your DMP's. If your DMP's are printed on the new paper they maybe miss align to the top, so the doc number of the second dmp is above the perforation is on the bottom of the first dmp. DO NOT CUT THEM to separate them. I notice this problem on my dmp's. I was just going to cut them to separate them just above the doc number then I notice if I do that I would not be able to cut out some of the day numbers on the back of the dmp. So I called the DEC at Region 8 and was told to have at lease the one with the miss alignment reprinted. So I went to the town clerk office to have them reprinted and they said I would to have cut them. I called the DEC back and told them what I was told by the clerk. DEC called Albany and got back to in less then 30 min. YOU NEED TO HAVE THEM REPRINTED YOU CAN NOT CUT THE NUMBERS OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE TOP DMP. I would check all my tags carefully if they are printed on the new paper.

• Like 2

When I got my license the Clerk seemed rather amazed that the correct info was all printed on the same tags it needed to be on.  She said it was the first one of hundreds she has printed out that was correct.  I asked if she had to reprint all the others and she said nope that DEC told her to tell the license holders to cut them with scissors and if they had everyone reprint tags they would run out of the new camo paper.

Edited by wdswtr

The problem shouldn't  be ours to fix. None the less check them, I do not rip my tags apart before use, so I have no idea if there is an issue.  Even if it is, I'm not going to have them reprinted, that is their issue not mine. I only have one DMP, so they are all connected anyways.

As a side note, since we have to have the bag tags on, why in gods earth would they make then "Camo" color?   If I had an issue with a trespasser and I'm trying to take a picture, these dark camo tags make it useless. And to top it off, the new website is horrible. / rant over. 

P.S. thanks larry for reporting this just venting. 

• Like 2

I did go to the Dicks in Greece NY and have my dmps reprinted. They seem to know that you can't cut the dmps. they said they were first told you could cut them then they (DEC) realized the numbers for the dates were being cut off. Just remember we are responsible for filling out the tags correctly.

Just ran into this problem with my son's DMP (printed on the new camo paper)!! Been trying the report, but I had no idea where they were getting the tag #'s from as they didn't match up. Noticed that the images in the upper corners of the tag were only 1/3 there! Went online to compare to a DMP image online, and sure enough, there's suppose to be a DOC# printed in between the images that never made it onto the tag!

Mines on old yellow stock sent to me from Albany...when they issued me tag numbers than could not print them...tried saving then could not find save...but I was smart and told them to write down #'s on a piece of paper before the save. They told me just to try again...I said no if #'s were issued I'm in the system ...I'd take care of it in Albany...had them 2 days later yellow paper...

I just got an email from DEC telling me that some of my tags only have 8 numbers instead of 12, and that when I go to report a harvest I need to add 4 zeros to the beginning of the number, gotta love the things that are someone else's screwup and we're the one's who have to go out of our way to may it work...