Happy Birthday SportsmanNH!

greg54

Thanks everyone !  Unfortunately it wasn't a very good one .  Morning started off great with the usual calls from my hunting buddies giving me the ribbing . Then about 10:30am my mom calls . My B Day is the 13th and hers is the 18th, so we are making plans for a family GTG dinner in between to celebrate both . Mom turned 89 on Monday . We got her an electric scooter which got delivered that morning that I was in process of putting together . My brother calls me at 12pm . I figure he is calling me to make sure the scooter was delivered . Instead he is frantic and in panic mode telling me my mom tripped over a threshold and now being rushed to the hospital in excruciating pain. So I rush to the hospital an hour away. And thats where I have been since . She broke her femur bone in 2 places and jammed the ball inter the hip socket . They operated on her on Thursday and put a titanium rod in and screwed everything else together . They moved her yesterday to rehab . That was her B Day present. She is actually handling the pain better than expected . Maybe better than I would ! LOL . But still , she has high anxiety with every movement . Unfortunately has to go through this to get her mobility back.

Thanks for reading , and hope all is well for all of you. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Thanks everyone !  Unfortunately it wasn't a very good one .  Morning started off great with the usual calls from my hunting buddies giving me the ribbing . Then about 10:30am my mom calls . My B Day is the 13th and hers is the 18th, so we are making plans for a family GTG dinner in between to celebrate both . Mom turned 89 on Monday . We got her an electric scooter which got delivered that morning that I was in process of putting together . My brother calls me at 12pm . I figure he is calling me to make sure the scooter was delivered . Instead he is frantic and in panic mode telling me my mom tripped over a threshold and now being rushed to the hospital in excruciating pain. So I rush to the hospital an hour away. And thats where I have been since . She broke her femur bone in 2 places and jammed the ball inter the hip socket . They operated on her on Thursday and put a titanium rod in and screwed everything else together . They moved her yesterday to rehab . That was her B Day present. She is actually handling the pain better than expected . Maybe better than I would ! LOL . But still , she has high anxiety with every movement . Unfortunately has to go through this to get her mobility back.

Thanks for reading , and hope all is well for all of you. 

Sorry to hear about terrible accident your Mom had. Hopefully recovers fast with minimal discomfort.