Use trespassers stand?

IronBucks

Last night I found a stand and camera on property I have exclusive rights to. I took the camera and left a note asking them to remove the stand and gave my number to retrieve the camera.

The tree they set up in is the one I wanted to use. Is it ok to use their stand until they take it down? I don't want to miss the best shot because they stole the spot. I don't want to remove their stand and put mine up because I'm sure they will steal it or damage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not use the stand myself. Everyone we 've had issues with were sneaking on when nobody was around,or poaching at night.

Someone hanging a stand and placing cameras sounds to me as if they think it's ok for them to be there,those people you at least have a chance to reason with.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you don't own the land, so one thing I would suggest is to speak to the landowner before you take any action......myself and a group of others had "exclusive" rights to a large piece of property at one time, one of the others caught a "trespasser" on the property and got into an altercation with him, turned out to be a relative of the property owner who unknown to us, also had permission......end result was we were asked not to come back.

• Like 1

I have a similar problem. Just bought some land and was looking for spots last weekend and found a stand actually a few that are on the property or right on the line facing mine. One in particular is well with in the line. The property was unused for many years and unposted.id like to use the stand and it doesn't look like it's been used in awhile.

I have a similar problem. Just bought some land and was looking for spots last weekend and found a stand actually a few that are on the property or right on the line facing mine. One in particular is well with in the line. The property was unused for many years and unposted.id like to use the stand and it doesn't look like it's been used in awhile.

since you own the property, I would think you can do as you please with whatever is on it.............I would just be careful of using any stand that has been out for any lenght of time. Definitely get some posted signs up in the area were the stands face your property.

I my self would not use the stand and would have not taken the cam.I would have sat nearby with said stand in my veiw and watched the area to see who is using it.If indeed a tresspasser by removing their thing's you could be harming your area to hunt.I would put cam back and like I said set up and watch and take pick's of who is useing the stand

My fear if taking it down was that it would cause the trespasser to mess with my stuff.

The reason I took the cam was so at least I would have a record of who the trespasser is in case they sneak in again.

Great pics in the cam! Lots of deer and a couple smaller bucks. The memory card was full. Dropped off in august and hasn't been back apparently.

'll also note that the landowner said ice got exclusive rights and part of the reason she gave me permission was to help keep others off.

Nothing is exclusive unless in writing dated and signed by owner...just ask a few guys on here that are looking for new places...or dealing with other ppl that know owners

I called the landowner and verified I'm the only one with permission.

I told her what I found and she asked me to leave a note and take down the stand. She also have the ok to take the cam and leave my number to retrieve it.

I guess I will double lock my stands in there...

• Like 3