Live From The Woods 2024 Turkey Edition

DirtTime

Last weekend was a fishing weekend with a buddy visiting up from PA, but off work today, and back at it. All quiet so far but we'll see. Good luck to all out here this morning.

• Like 1

I’m out now , windy, haven’t seen or heard a thing in days 

it’s gonna be tough from here till season ends I think 

I had a long beard on my cam a few days ago , all alone

not sure if I should hang it up until fall

• Like 1

21 hours ago, luberhill said:

I feel like I’m wasting my time

Persistence, I had a year Deer hunting where I was out almost every day and did not see a single Buck the entire season, that is until the last half hour of daylight on the final day of the season, BANG!;)

Al

• Like 1

I have some turkeys in my area but I do not have any desire to hunt them anymore, I see them all the time out doing my chores around the farm and it would not be very difficult to kill one as they act almost like barnyard birds. I have had my Turkey hunting fun, seems like these days I enjoy sitting back and watching wildlife more than hunting them.

Al

13 hours ago, fasteddie said:

It doesn't seem like a lot of members got a Turkey . Are the turkey numbers low or did very few go out to hunt the turkeys ?

I'm not a very big Turkey hunter. 2 weeks before opener they were gobbling like crazy. I got a shot at a nice Tom opening morning and went out one other day. Seems like after the first week they just stop gobbling. Just takes the excitement out of it. Season should start mid April if you ask me. I also have to say getting up at 4 am (for me) is a bit too early at 61 years old. lol 

• Like 1