Where did they go

the weeks before and first week of season I was getting lots of pics of big long beards and hens on my cameras .

They were coming out of the woods to a field area I kept mowed .

i set up my ground blind and had one big Tom come close .. I haven’t seen a turkey on any of my cameras since ??

would it still be worth putting out my hen decoy on this mower of and calling ?

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_5002.png

7 minutes ago, luberhill said:

the weeks before and first week of season I was getting lots of pics of big long beards and hens on my cameras .

They were coming out of the woods to a field area I kept mowed .

i set up my ground blind and had one big Tom come close .. I haven’t seen a turkey on any of my cameras since ??

would it still be worth putting out my hen decoy on this mower of and calling ?

IMG_4983.jpeg

I roosting birds the evening before. Found a Jake and a hen last evening, set up there this morning. I'm hoping to have a long beard join them. Nothing like having the real turkeys to catch a gobbler.

I believe Turkeys can have quite a large range constantly on the move and will travel pretty far in search of food and mates, they have probably moved on to what they consider greener pastures.

The Turkey pattern around here has changed some from what is has been the past few years. Because of the low snow impact they seemed to get an early start on strutting and mating behavior.

Al

• Like 1

Same where I hunt. I got one last weekend. That stirred them up. Other hunters during the wee. That stirred the up. Last weekend I heard one distant gobble and that was it. They're scattered and they shut up. Usual pattern. 

MFDC2464.JPG

It's real quiet here. I see a hen or two in typical nesting spots. Question, So the Hen makes the nest on the ground. She feeds during the day and roosts or sits on eggs at night? I imagine she has to sit on her eggs at night making her very Vulnerable to predators.  

I believe the local hens have started sitting and incubating their eggs, I see them singly out in fields for a few minutes getting a quick bite to eat and disappearing back to their nests, the Toms are wandering around by themselves.

Al

• Like 1