Did NY open crossbow for entire bow season for over 60 ?

7 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Yes it's true , you have to get your Doctor to sign off ! I have mine - unmodified - and hunted the entire Bow Season last year with my Crossbow !  https://dec.ny.gov/regulatory/permits-licenses/fish-wildlife-plant/special-licenses/modified-crossbow-permit

No that’s not what they said , I already have that

they said if you are 60 or older you can use crossbow during the entire season , nothing to do with disability , that doesn’t matter how old you are 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, luberhill said:

they said if you are 60 or older you can use crossbow during the entire season , nothing to do with disability , that doesn’t matter how old you are 

Hope that is true

• Like 1

Senator Mannion's bill, S5802 that allows those 60 & over to use a crossbow full season passed the Senate yesterday by a margin of 59-3. Although its not the bill we have been pushing, it's the first sign of movement since 2014 and is movement in the positive direction.

The Woerner "Same-As" bill A6815 is stalled in the Assembly. There are people working hard within the Assembly to get it to the floor for a vote. If you look at the margin of support in the Senate, it should easily pass if it's put up for a vote.

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Senator Mannion's bill, S5802 that allows those 60 & over to use a crossbow full season passed the Senate yesterday by a margin of 59-3. Although its not the bill we have been pushing, it's the first sign of movement since 2014 and is movement in the positive direction.

The Woerner "Same-As" bill A6815 is stalled in the Assembly. There are people working hard within the Assembly to get it to the floor for a vote. If you look at the margin of support in the Senate, it should easily pass if it's put up for a vote.

Does it have to go thru more approvals before its law 

1 hour ago, First-light said:

The bill says “ during a special archery season”  ????

9 hours ago, First-light said:

Me thinks that you are referring to last year's vote, from June 9th, 2023, when the Senate passed the bill 59-3 but it never made it to the Assembly floor. The same thing is happening this year, with the most recent floor vote 60-1 on June 4th, 2024. It's been passed in Senate, sent to the Assembly, and returned at least once already this year.

Just goes to show...same $hit, different day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, knehrke said:

Me thinks that you are referring to last year's vote, from June 9th, 2023, when the Senate passed the bill 59-3 but it never made it to the Assembly floor. The same thing is happening this year, with the most recent floor vote 60-1 on June 4th, 2024. It's been passed in Senate, sent to the Assembly, and returned at least once already this year.

Just goes to show...same $hit, different day.

See below and thoughts ?

IMG_5472.png

19 hours ago, luberhill said:

Well I stand Corrected !

• Like 1