What happened to Skyline Apparition camo?

robw

Well, pulled out my old skyline apparition suit this season, since I sorta fit it again, and the deer just can't see me.  Nothing spooks when I wear it compared to the realtree stuff I have on other suits.  Suit is a bit worn, so I search online to buy a new apparition suit, and there aren't any anywhere, the skylinecamo.com website is gone, and the only source is Ebay, for stuff I don't want (rolls of camo denim, yay sponge cloth for hunting...sigh).  Anyone know what happened to them?  The old suit is a cabelas with dryplus, and I loved it, wish I'd bought 2 now.

Camo patters come, camo patters go.

I think that camo is largely a human conceit. Most animals, unlike people, are not visually oriented, and could care less what color your clothes are. When people wore red and black checkered wool suits they killed plenty of animals. African professional hunters, who work in close proximity to game all the time, wear whatever they damn please, and it makes no difference. European hunters, until recently, dressed entirely in dark green, and had no trouble getting game.

Animals react mainly to movement and scent. They are expert readers of body language. They also see well enough to deduce that if you are wearing Kudzu and Spanish Moss camo, and there is no kudzu or Spanish moss around, you do not belong there. The only two camo patterns I’ve seen that work well in a variety of settings are Cabela’s Outfitter, and the patterns used by Sleeping Indian  and King of the Mountain.  Otherwise, I believe, it’s mostly shuck and jive.

the above quote was taken from this article:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun-nuts/2012/07/camouflage-follies

I remember when they tried to pull off camo for fishing. the BASS paid no attention, they wear bright red shirts ( on some teams ) and still use sparkling/metallic silver boats.

We use camo to try and conceal movement. Deer ( most animals ) don't see the color spectrum like we do. They see ultraviolet colors well though. So a light coat of UV Killer meant for fabric can do far more than the actual camo pattern.

I watched a vid last week on YouTube, and the dude was killing deer all over the place wearing "Tiger Stripe" fatigues.

I will look for that vid and post the link when I find it.

Edited by JustRob

• 2 months later...

Well, pulled out my old skyline apparition suit this season, since I sorta fit it again, and the deer just can't see me. Nothing spooks when I wear it compared to the realtree stuff I have on other suits. Suit is a bit worn, so I search online to buy a new apparition suit, and there aren't any anywhere, the skylinecamo.com website is gone, and the only source is Ebay, for stuff I don't want (rolls of camo denim, yay sponge cloth for hunting...sigh). Anyone know what happened to them? The old suit is a cabelas with dryplus, and I loved it, wish I'd bought 2 now.

i have that same suit I love that pattern. I like vertigo even better and now it's hard to get

• 4 years later...