2014/15 trapping harvest thread

Kludes

159 bridger it was sprung other day I said it was probably a mink and 3 days later here he is .. he was limp as spaghetti when I caught him too .. I got up late today and went to check seen his tracks on 1 side of the road and low and behold there he was ..same place I caught the huge rat this year

So had a coyote pull a 20 in rebar stake yeaterday...chased him for few hrs jumped him a few times no luck getting him in scope hopefully he shows back up he was a biggin sucks to lose one like that. Had 2 round my sets today but think they froze in so reset and bait today

Edited by stoneam2006

So had a coyote pull a 20 in rebar stake yeaterday...chased him for few hrs jumped him a few times no luck getting him in scope hopefully he shows back up he was a biggin sucks to lose one like that. Had 2 round my sets today but think they froze in so reset and bait today

Surprised he pumped out a 20 " rebar with the temps we've had. I always cross stake my canine sets. Hope you locate him again. 

Any dry dirt under bridges or fallen logs you could get ? A little while in the oven will dry it out further too.  A little late now but waxed dirt is awesome

Surprised he pumped out a 20 " rebar with the temps we've had. I always cross stake my canine sets. Hope you locate him again.

Any dry dirt under bridges or fallen logs you could get ? A little while in the oven will dry it out further too. A little late now but waxed dirt is awesome

Yea the sets weren't actually froze in I thought they were so I sprung and reset....I'm using buckwheat hulls and they seem to do pretty good even in cold....yea I was shocked he pulled it when I set I always check and make sure they seat good and i couldn't budge it even a lil bit. We tracked him all over hill till dark yesterday saw a few times when jummped. Hopefully he shows up at one of neighbors bait pile cams so we can figure out how often he shows and maybe get a shot at him...I'm not to experienced with yotes but neighbor is and said it was a contest winner for sure said huge coyote.

That sucks for sure to lose a yote ... I highly recommend Iowa earth anchors and drivers for nys conditions I have never had one pulled and most of the time If I want to retrieve it I have to dig it out .. only need 12 inches of cable any more is overkill .. you can carry 24 of them no problem and they don't weigh much you will never use rebar again ...