Bow Restringing

crowkiller

It all depends on how good of a string you want to go with.  A string and cables will run anywhere from $40-$150 depending on brand.

Ha-ha ..... Isn't that amazing? you used to be able to buy a high end bow for $150. The whole bow!!  ::)

When I was pulling up my bow I hit it on the tree and the string got all frayed.  On my way home I dropped it off at the shop to get new string.  I almost puked when I picked it up and the guy said "$87.50".  That was STRING...the cables weren't changed.

You guys have got to be kidding!  Close to $100 for restringing a bow??  What are these strings made of??  Gold strands?  If my string goes on my 1990 bow, I think the bow and all the rest of my archery equipment will be thrown in the trash.  Archery equipment is too darned overpriced in my opinion!

And gas was 45 cents a gallon.

LAMO!! leave Doc alone he hasnt quite stepped into the new age yet.... jk Doc

i dont think its all that much to restring a bow, cant be alot? but what some may consider alot some may consider a good deal...

Sounds like changing a string has entered the category of something you might want to call around for and do a bit of comparison pricing.

Back in the "olden days"  ;) , I used to make my own strings and change them myself. It was all a pretty simple thing to do and cost pretty close to nothing. Today the strings are way longer than my string-jig can accomodate, and you need a bow press to put them on.

Doc