3rd day without see a buck

fearthebeard

If you can hunt the week days little less pressured. If your not seeing any deer movement move the stand. I made a super late move in the night when it was rainy and shot a buck out of the stand within a week later saw a spike and a button so there was a ton more movement and I only went 150 yards or so.

#1 thing don't give up you will never get a deer from the couch. Deer are in rut like crazy right now. The absolute best place to hunt bucks right now is were the most doe hang out. Try to be near the doe I would bet anything that the bucks are not far behind. Leave the scents and calls home just find the doe spend some hours and play the wind. I always want the wind blowing in my face.

Hurry up make the stand move if you feel you can/need to and make it happen. It will pay off. Good luck to you go get er done.

I totally agree with the previous post by H O B H, never give up and refuse to lose.

Try hunting mid day hours between ten and two, I know from personal experience that this can pay off big time! Try still hunting by going slow and slower and sitting by big trees and blowdowns for a half hour or so before moving on. Always try to keep the wind to your advantage and from time to time check your back trail, as a buck you may not have seen may try to sneak behind you to escape. Try hunting in thick cover with buck sign nearby. The shots will be close, so again keep that wind in your face. As gun season goes on most deer in high pressure areas will seek out the thicker cover. Be there waiting! Good luck with the rest of the season!

I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself this early in the season. It's only 3 days old man,lol

I don't know the lay of the land there, but it might be a good idea to back off the corn a bit if you can. Hunting pressure may have them bedding farther than you think from the food source, so your best bet may be to catch one on his feet in a staging thicket or closer to his bed.

Patience can be a boring practice and even a waste of time if you practice it in the wrong areas.

I'd definitely make some kind of move and compare your observations to formulate a new plan if your already doubting your original set up.

• Like 1

I have a community scrape 100 yards from my stand and Monday smaller scrapes closer it's being used at night my trail cameras still getting pics of them only problem is the standing corn is food and cover and unless it gets cutt I'm lost of where to try to hunt it I'm only one man so I can't push it and the only other cover around was in the woods I'm hunting in a ravine but first day some out of state people pushed it