Opening Day all over again!!

Bible Andy

Want to share my excitement over having a buck tag to use in my pocket again for the next week or so. This is the first year in a while where I did not get a buck with my bow, so here it goes with the smoke pole! Anybody else out there having a double dose of opening day fever today? I will be going hard for this  last chance with short morning and evening sits and a lot of still hunting through the thick stuff during the day. :superman:

Unfortunately, I never could shoot my bow worth a damn when I am all bundled up looking like the Michelin Man. And I never did work up an interest in a muzzleloader. Besides, I have as much venison as the two of us can eat. I don't need any more. I hope all you guys have fun and a lot of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my big buck dreams went unfulfilled for the late ML season, but I did manage to push a HUGE doe past my wife, who slipped an arrow into her and ended up with another bow deer for the year. This makes three for her with the bow this year, a ten pointer and two does. Not bad for her second year bow hunting.

I did manage to sneak up onto more bedded does in the last week than I ever have in the past, and could have had three more does if we had freezers to fill. So all in all I count the late ML season a success, even with the weight of a buck tag still to carry in my pocket.

• Like 3