Hello from west of albany

celisup78

Welcome,some good folks here and some good info tossed around by some knowledgeable hunters and outdoors men and women.

I'm not too far from you. I'm up in the helderberg hills. Years ago I used to catch some nice fish summer and winter on Mariaville lake.

Unless you know someone who lives on the lake (or fish on the road berms) fishing access on the lake is tough in the summer given that it is a private lake. Ice fishing makes the lake far more accessible, but the fishing has been poor as of late compared to other local areas and especially compared to Lake George. That combined with the amazing amounts of wind that area sees makes ice fishing there a challenge more often than not. Hopefully things turn around.

The deer hunting is pretty good and it is always nice to be able to hunt the woods out your backdoor.

You must be near Plotter Kill.

As for fishing, yeah, you need to know someone to fish. Even on the ice.

Yes, I am a few miles away from plotter kill.

Fortunately there are a few access points to the lake (e.g. the little convenience store) that you can walk onto lake. Once on the ice, you can walk to wherever you like.